RJB

CP1L 0-10vdc input programming

10 posts in this topic

Hi

I need to know how to program a SCL 194 or how to accomplish the following:

I have a RTD range 32degF to 1400degF coming in to a converter the Input to PLC is 0-10vdc. This is my first time programming with CX Programmer. See below this is how the signal is coming in now? Would like to know the best way of creating a result to use in my HMI.

Thanks

omron ladder.JPG

Are you using the built-in analog input on the CPU or an analog expansion module?

12 hours ago, BITS N BYTES said:

Are you using the built-in analog input on the CPU or an analog expansion module?

Yes

When you say you are using the built in analog, are you referring to the "External Analog Setting Input"?   See image below.?

If so, this most likely will not work due to the limited resolution (8 bits or 256).  Each digit on the input will equal more than 5 degrees.

CP1L_Features.jpg

Yes it is the internal analog input. My required set point is at 170Deg F so I'm guessing that I will have to use a temp controller and scale it before PLC input!?

I would use an external module to be honest - better resolution - 0-6000. Then use the scaling function block - it works very well.

Is the RTD being used only to monitor the temperature and display on the HMI?

How is the temperature being controlled?

To do what you suggest above (scale before PLC input) you would need to have re-transmit output added to the controller.

I think BobB has the best solution.

Expansion unit options can be reviewed here.

Hope this will help.