smokey88

Font colour to indicate multiple states

6 posts in this topic

I am just getting started with CX One Designer and I am wondering if anybody can tell me if it is possible to change the font and border colour to indicate state for a multi state input. The system I am monitoring has 7 different states and the customer has asked for a colour coded label to indicate the state of the system. i.e. red = bad, green = good, amber = warning etc.

Any help is appreciated.

From reading the brief CX-Designer manual I get assume this type of action is possible via a macro. Can anyone provide any sort of guide on using macros or can provide an example of one which might solve the problem. What I am hoping for is based on an integer value between 1-7 the background colour of a label and the font itself will change colour to match the above example.

You could consider a word lamp instead.  Just an idea, that doesn't require script.

32 minutes ago, Crossbow said:

You could consider a word lamp instead.  Just an idea, that doesn't require script.

Thanks for your reply. It looks like I may have to do more that just replace labels depending on I/O values so getting familiar with scripts may be required. Do you have any links to a guide to using scripts in CX designer at all?

Use a Label.

In the Properties of the Label on the General tab, check 'Use as a Message Display'. In the Message tab, choose the number of statuses and a custom font for each of them.