Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JiM_cz

GOT 1155 won't communicate through USB port

6 posts in this topic

Hello guys,

I'm trying to connect my laptop with GT1155 with USB cable and it won't establish the communication. In my win7 64 bit system, there is "unknown device" label in the device manager. It seems that my windows can't see the HMI. Do I need a special driver for it? If I try to update the driver through the driver manager, it won't find anything..

You may need to point the driver manager to a specific directory where the Mitsubishi software is installed.  I forget the actual path, but look in Progam Files (x86) for Mitusbishi.

I've tried to install the stuff from Easysocket folder but windows has decided that "the best driver is already installed".. :(

What should actually be in the device manager instead of "unknown device" when the suitable driver is found?

Edited by JiM_cz

I don't recall, and don't have the software on this PC.

Might it be because my Windows are 64 bit?

I've just tested another screen of the same type and the USB communication works. It seems that the 1st screen has the USB port faulty. Does anybody know if I can swap the particular part of the HMI that takes care of USB?

BTW, I've heard I can read and write to the PLC connected to the screen with 422 through the USB port connected to the laptop. Can I do the same if the laptop is connected to the screen through 232 port and not with USB?