Andrei Blagaila

Automatic Upload of PLC and HMI software

16 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

Is it possible to do a batch file that you run to upload the PLC and HMI software without using mitsubishi software. I'm basically asking if I can dumb it down in order to ensure that even a monkey can double click on something and it's done. Has anybody tried something similar?

Thanks,

Andrei

Hi Andrei,

What PLC and HMI are you using?

It is possible to export both PLC- and HMI-program to a USB and download through a Beijer IX-panel to a FX-PLC.

/Dariusch

I want to load the SW on a Q50UDEH via Ethernet but using a batch file and not the GX works software.

Pretty sure the only other software that can read programs besides Mitsubishi's own is MDT Autosave. 

So it's impossible to create a script that uploads the PLC software automatically to the CPU? 

As far as I know, yes.  The language is talks is proprietary.  You can access controller values from a PC, but only the vendor's own software can access the program memory.  Someone correct me if I am wrong, this is based on my knowledge only.

So without using GX Works it cannot be done. I talked to my mitsubishi rep and he suggested I put the SW on a CF card and when I put the CF card in the Q50UDEH it automatically copies the SW to it if the CPU is empty. Have you tried this?

I have, and there is a DIP switch to turn on to make it boot to memory card.  Did this in a quarry years ago where they didn't want the PLC to have a battery.

But once it boots up from the card and the CPU has a battery is it moved from the card to the internal memory?

As I said, if a certain DIP switch is set, it is copied from the card into the PLC at power up.

The Melsoft  Navigator has a (Batch Read) function for reading all the current running project at once. 

This will still use GX Works and GT works but will make it easy for someone to read all projects without opening the actual project.

Doucle click on workspace file. Online => Batch read => Read

Alternatively you can also run a program that copies all your key strokes and create a file you only have to run which will then automatically does all the settings automatically.

Batch Read.JPG

Edited by Gambit

This is helpful to read. I want to Write on the PLC automatically using a batch file. You put the SW in a certain folder. Put the PLC in STOP and run the batch file. It copies them automatically. I don't think this can be done so I got the ideea of using the CF card. But I keep getting asked if the batch file is possible.

It's not as I said before.

Mitsubishi does not provide the possibility to access their development tools via cmd/bash and so on.

No PLC vendor I am aware of shares how to access the program memory of their devices.  If they did, anyone could write a program to modify the program logic in a PLC of any brand, and that could open all industrial controls to hacking and viruses.

They do share how to access the data, so people can write their own data access or HMI functions.