Doug53

Installing RSlogixMicroLite.Zip

10 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I am new to MicroControllers and have tried to install RSLogix MicroLite.Zip that I down loaded from here on my windows 7 PC.  I have been able to install RSLinx 2.57 which I downloaded from ab.com.  When I try to run the setup, Installshield wizard just sits there trying to install.  Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

What link did you find here and how old was it?

It is dated June 23, 2009.  Kind of old?!  Can you direct  me? (TWControls) I don't see free stuff on ab.com for Micrologix 500.  I did download linx 2.57 (I have win 7 & XP Pro) from there,  but I need the Programming software.  Do you have any idea which file I should download?  Hopefully free stuff?    I have a Micrologix 1761-L20BWB-5A that I want to learn to program.

Seems as though Rockwell International will not let me download free software anymore unless I am working for a contracted company.

Did you try the link at the top of the article?

Yes I can now download software but seems that Rockwell doesn't support RSLogix Micro starter that goes with a 1761.  At least I havent got it yet?

That version is good for the micrologix 1000 and 1100

Thanks for your help (TWControls).  I have downloaded RSLogix Micro Starter Lite (8.30) and tried to install it on my laptop.  It seems to hangup at the setup.  I believe it might have something to do with my operating system.  I am running win 7 (64 bit edition).  It seems it might just be compatible on the 32 bit windows 7.  My laptop installs the RSLinx 2.57.  I have a old Dell with win XP Pro SP 3 and I can install The RSLogix Micro Starter Lite (8.30) but not the RSLinx 2.57.  The Dell may be missing a video driver needed.  Can't seem to get both software packages  my on one computer.  When I try to install RSLinx 2.57 on the DELL with XP it says that I need windows installer 3.1.  I read an article that said I would be pulling my hair out with this.  I haven't even started to program yet.  I am a power engineer and thought I would like to learn this but so far I can't even get started.  If you have anymore suggestions they will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks again.  

Can anyone tell me which version of RSLinx Classic Lite would be supported on a computer with XP Pro sp3?