a062549

Red Lion Kadet Comm issues?

3 posts in this topic

I have a 7" Kadet (not what was spec'd) talking to a Emerson ROC via ethernet. 

I can't seem to get all of the tags in the ROC to populate on the Cadet. The date/time works as do most of the Floats, Doubles and Uints8. 

I am looking specifically at a Indicated Quantity and I am yet to get it to show up. It's a double and noted as a float format in the Crimson. 

So I get ambitious, make a RS232 serial cable, but it didn't help either. I sped up the comms, slowed them, delayed them, turned off the ping stuff. Still no IQ showing on the screen. 

I'm going to Modbus the tags and see if they'll show that way.

My questions as you may have guessed, are there any settings or known issues with the Cadet comms. Any suggestions??

(The hole in the door is too large for the Graphite I have to put in it, and it's an outside the building box too. The door is still 7 weeks out.)

We had enough weird issues with the Kadets early on that we ended up not using them any more even though they have a great form factor and price.  I don't remember having that particular issue, but we were using them to talk to AB processors over Ethernet/IP and RS232/DF1.  It is suspicious that the double in the PLC is showing as a float in Crimson.  I don't know the nomenclature in the Emerson stuff, but a double is an integer, right?  If so, you'll probably need to tell the HMI that it's looking at an integer and not a  float.

Yes, the ROC is a double integer. I was able to write a script (fst) to move the double to a float, and the Kadet is all happy.

Thanks for the reply! And apologies for the slowness of my reply