VISHNU SINGH

Micrologix 1200

5 posts in this topic

Hi, 
Can anyone advise on this problem I am having with a Micrologix 1200 plc, at random times during the run phase (while the machine is running) the machine would stop because the plc has a flashing fault light, i connected to the software of the plc with the laptop and found a fault state inside the plc, reset the fault and continue to run mode, it now works fine, can anyone advise on why this fault mode becomes active or enabled? 

Before clearing it next time, see the S:6 major error code. It will give you information on what caused the fault. Without it we can't speculate on the cause.

1 person likes this

Hi,
Can you provide link to the information page where function and interpretation of each flashing or steady LEDs on MLC 1200 is explained. For example where to look for when Fault LED flashes during normal operation and so on. Thanks in anticipation that someone will help.
Regards

On 2/18/2017 at 8:22 PM, VISHNU SINGH said:

Hi, 
Can anyone advise on this problem I am having with a Micrologix 1200 plc, at random times during the run phase (while the machine is running) the machine would stop because the plc has a flashing fault light, i connected to the software of the plc with the laptop and found a fault state inside the plc, reset the fault and continue to run mode, it now works fine, can anyone advise on why this fault mode becomes active or enabled? 

V

Hi Vishnu,
I am facing similar issue with MLC 1200 and we have this with several PLCs. Can you please explain stepwise how to reset Fault and resume RUN state.
Thanking you in anticipation.
Regards

The user manual is here:

https://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1762-um001_-en-p.pdf

Appendix C covers troubleshooting, starting with interpreting the LED indicators.

Depending on the fault, cycling power may clear it. Or you can use RSLogix 500 to go online and clear the fault. Before clearing it, especially if it's something that has happened more than once, you really should use RSLogix to go online and see what the fault actually is before resetting it.

For more details on the error codes and where to find them, refer to appendix D of the Instruction Set Reference Manual:

https://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/rm/1762-rm001_-en-p.pdf

Edited by Joe E.