Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest liquid

Controllogix-pv600

7 posts in this topic

Hi, I need to connect this two using controlnet. Do I need just the coaxial cable between both?, or Should I need to connect them using another way??

If you're using ControlNet for the first time, don't overlook the ControlNet Cable Planning and Installation Guide. It will doubtless save you hours of heartache to read just the first two chapters. ControlNet is a trunk-and-drop network; you MUST have taps and terminators for it to work correctly. Although there's nothing physically keeping you from using only co-axial cable, the network will not function correctly without taps and terminators.

Thanx man. On the other hand, I could connect them by RS-232 too?, and if this case , RS-232 will be be cheaper but slower, am I rigth?.

If you've paid for a ControlNet version of the PV600, it just seems silly to worry about the cost of a couple of tees and terminators. If, now or in the future, the ControlNet extends beyond one ControlLogix and PanelView, then you should consider the convenience of being able to monitor or program any device on the network from any location on the network (with only one cable in your kit).

The RS-232 port on the ControlNet PanelView is for upload/download or printing only; you can't use it as a DF1 network port for communication to a ControlLogix. It is true that a DF1 PanelView can communicate to the ControlLogix serial port directly, at a lower cost than the ControlNet unit. If you do not intend to expand the system, or if the PanelView is less than 50 feet from the controller, and if the controller serial port is available for connection, then a DF1 PanelView might be a less expensive choice. Be sure before you purchase; the PanelViews cannot have their network daughterboards changed in the field. Edited by Ken Roach

Please help me to connect FlexLogix controller to PV 600 via DF1