wildswing

PLC5 PID translation / conversion to ControlLogix

1 post in this topic

Hi folks,

I'm in the midst of doing my first translation from 5 to 5000 that also includes PID instructions.  I've done a couple that have not.  I'm just looking for any helpful tips or tricks you may have that are PID specific.

The L71 logix processor will run the original 1771 IO over RIO via DHRIO modules.  Analog modules are 1771 NIC and NOC.

The original PLC5 program contained a 100 msec STI file in which all the PIDs were run.  All have 100 msec update times.  The translated program has them all in an STI file as well.  100 msec timing confirmed.

I've looked through some docs in the Rockwell tech KB and I see the phrase "many things do not translate" (or something similar).  Looking through and comparing the first one I found, I think I understand most things that do translate and they look ok.

I see, on the scaling page, min/max for cv.  Both are zero.  This is obviously different from low/high cv limits on the config tab.  I assume leaving these zeros is a bad thing and the output would not work if left as is.  Correct?

Any other things I should pay close attention to?  Is there a specific Rockwell doc I should be reading?

As always, your input and feedback is very much appreciated.  Many thanks in advance.