Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest low on the pole

panelview plus vs panelview

4 posts in this topic

Gentlemen, For those of you who have used panelview plus, if you could share your pros and cons about it. Never having used them. Sounds like the communication module would be a real winner if not to expensive. And from what I have read about it, is it RS view without having to pay for the tags? What about setting coms up and programming, good or bad?

I have used both and currently we are shipping A-B controlled machines with PV Plus ONLY. The ethernet capabilities coupled with ControlLogix or CompactLogix makes programming such EASY. The tags are automatically uploaded and a simple click away. The alarm server is a bit tricky, but once you have an example to reverse engineer...... The graphics are nice and straight forward. I recently programmed a machine that had many, many doors. I incorporated a rendered jpg of the top view of the machine and positioned small multistate buttons to show which door(s) were open. (For those englishly challenged, this made things nice.) Kirby Risk is really aggressive with the PV Plus pricing and you can get a 600 color (touch) with ethernet and RSView SE for around $1625.00. I have several examples that I could put before you. Respectfully, --5150

Please pay close attention to instructions on setting up your communications in RSLinx Enterprise. Once you get it right, it works great, but if you don't, it could take you a while to figure it out. Don't make any assumptions based on past experience using RSLinx.

PRO: Being able to control visibility/animation of objects on a PV+ terminal vs. PV Classic is a HUGE advantage. CON: Currently, there is no way to "upload" a project from a PV+. So, you need to maintain concise archives. Also RSViewME revisions should be watched as well as PV+ terminal firmware revisions.