Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fankou

Testing a 1762 card of allen bradlley without the plc

3 posts in this topic

i  discover after a default that the led run and the led default of a plc allen bradlley 1200 were alight and it was not possible for me to access to it. i think that it is damaged but the matter is that i don't know how to test  the i/o cards without the plc. i also wanted to know if all i/o diagnostics leds  of the card begin to shine directly when power is on then the one selected by the process remain alight. excuse my English language please i am trying to do my best.

the references of the card are 1762 iq16, 1762iq8, 1762ob16

thanks u so much .

This is an existing machine and not a new machine startup, correct?  The system had been working properly and now is not, you noticed the MicroLogix 1200 Fault and Run LED indicators were both lit, correct?

Refer to page C-1.  Take note for FAULT light, there are 3 possibilities (OFF, ON-flashing, ON-solid).  Is the FAULT light ON-flashing or ON-solid? 

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1762-um001_-en-p.pdf

Page C-2; if RUN + FORCE + FAULT all flashing => PLC operating system fault

thank u so much for your help but this error doesn't have any recommandation in the document specified. the error is "power, fault and run leds on solid. concerning the i/o cards how can  i test it please?