Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Saintego

Thousand Separator in WinCC(Tia Portal)

3 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, I was wondering if you could help me with something i'm trying to do...in WinCC(Tia Portal V13) i have some output fields that display real numbers..what i'm trying to do is make them numbers appear with separators e.g 100.000 instead of 100000. I'm not talking about decimals but about thousand separators...i did a lot of research and the only thing i found was the use of analog display(external) which is a wincc 7.3 feature only....Do you have any idea of how could i make this happen? Any help would be greatly appreciated...Thank you very much in advance!

I'm not as experienced in the new software, but in the old HMIs (with WinCC Flexible 2008) I'm pretty sure the number format was set in the HMI itself.  Reboot the HMI, when the "startup" dialog opens, be ready to select "Control Panel" or "task bar" before it disappears; it won't be there long.  Then find the regional settings and go through them.  I don't have one in front of me to see exactly where that setting is.  They're Windows CE computers, so if you know how to set it up on your PC you should be able to find it on there.

Thank you very much for the suggestion! I'll give it a try :-)