Armadillo852

Studio 5000 Auto Hides Routines

9 posts in this topic

Has anyone seen this before? Where studio 5000 will auto hide your open routines? Then you have to click on the arrows left to activate the routine? 

I have a video video but it's too long to post on here. 

Sorry 'Dillo, never heard of it.  In lieu of the video, can you describe the conditions at the time the routines "disappear" or hide?

Might as well give versions of Studio.  Are you experiencing this across multiple versions?

What happens is say I have 4 routines open. I am working with just 1 routine. After a period of time, not really sure how long, never measured. Maybe a minute. The other three routines will disappear. Into the left side of the window. I then have to click on the arrows to bring them back. 

I have seen seen this with version 24.01. Going to test with the rest tonight. 

Here re is a link. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B40iHMJ8RVsrdnVtRG5tRmIzRWM

Got nothing for you.

I have several version up, v20, 24 simultaneously.  Tried lots of various keystrokes and combinations.  Looked around at various menus to see if there are any shortcut keystrokes, none.  Looked for anyway to program hotkey or combinations of hotkeys, nothing.  Looked at options, nothing obvious there either.

Searched RA KB, haven't found anything close to what you are describing.  Only one that even mentions something similar and it dealt with auto docking of the error window at v21 and 23, but fixed in later versions.

Is this your program, or did you get it from someone else?  Recent upgrade?  Newly installed version of Studio?

I work for a machine builder. This is a new install. Four weeks running. Monday was the first time I had this happen. I've been the keeper of the plc program and only one onsite. 

I searched he'd and searched as well. I couldn't find anything on it as well. 

This is is happening only on my version 24.01. I've tried 15-21 so far. 

Thanks guys. I'll just do some more playing and see if I can find something. 

I appreciate the help. 

did you connect to clients network? is your AV up-to-date and did you try scanning your laptop for malware?  

Open a few routines, then drag the divider (outlined in red below) to the left enough to scrunch the tabs enough that they start to disappear.  Then the arrow buttons to the left of the tabs will scroll through them.  If you drag the divider back to the right while only one tab is visible, you then have to scroll with the arrow buttons for them to reappear.  This will also happen if you shrink the Studio 5000 window (or the code sub-window) down enough that there isn't room for the tabs.

RoutinesDisappear1.png.4c21001a9196f9cd2

Edited by Joe E.
clarified the text a little, fixed typo

But I do not want to have to use the arrows to scroll. That is the issue I am having. I cannot keep the open tabs spread out like that. They all collapse every time I open the controller tags tab and then go back. It is just annoying. I have never had to use the arrows before, and I don't want to.

All I can suggest is that you keep the horizontal scroll bar shrunk down or keep your code window wider or open fewer tabs.  I'm not aware of any setting to disable the arrow buttons, but you would need to have it there if you had more tabs open than the window could display.