Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mahmoud Shahien

Prosoft PLX31-EIP-MBTCP Configuration with Control Logix

2 posts in this topic

Hi Experts,
Sorry as I am new in working with Allen Bradlly platform & Modbus Communication bawling.gif.
I have a redundant system ( Control Logix 1756-L74) which uses prosoft PLX31-EIP-MBTCP gateway in order to gather data from various devices & control panels in my system.
The devices are modbus TCP and control logix is Ethernet/IP.
When I studied the manuals of prosoft , I'm so confused about configuration of it & get stuck in many issues madder.gif.
that if I want to make Communication between control logix( Ethernet IP) & Eg. Energy Meter in the system ( Modbus-EIP-TCP) 
Which configuration should I do???
As I saw many configurations in prosoft configuration builder (EG.: EIP Class3 server, Class1 connection, EIP class3 client, MBTCP client1,.............)
and what are the communication data should I ask various vendors in the system.
you can find in attachments one of modbus data for one panel in the system & prosoft various configuration 
Please Guide & help me.
Thanks.

scan0030.pdf

MOdbus conf.PNG

Prosoft conf.PNG

Welcome to the Forum !

Modbus is a very common industrial protocol but because it's been around for many years (since the late 1970's) there are many different ways to implement it.   You really do need to learn the basics of the terminology, and www.modbus.org is a good place to start.

Your screenshot in green shows what looks like a configuration for a Modbus/TCP device in a Yokogawa CS3000 DCS system.

What is the second part a screenshot of ?

Will your DCS be using this Prosoft device to communicate with your ControlLogix ?     Will the same Prosoft device also be used to allow the ControlLogix to communicate with smaller devices like power meters ?