Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chigarthur

Controllogix Prog .ACD to PDF

11 posts in this topic

I want to read the logic in the attached file. It is a controllogix 5000 program but I could not open it.

Advise me on what I need to open the file after having a controllogix5000 running and activated. 

Kindly also in the mean time convert to PDF na d send to my email chigarthur@gmail.com

Thanks

Arthur

PD3M651_MC12642_9000_999.ACD

You have to make sure you have the correct version of Logix5000 or Studio 5000.

FYI it is Logix 5000 version 17

Edited by Armadillo852
Added version

Here's a tip: if you just need to know the version of the ACD file, you can open it in notepad.  The top of the file has a version history.  Scroll to the last entry in that history to see the current version of the software.

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, Joe E. said:

Here's a tip: if you just need to know the version of the ACD file, you can open it in notepad.  The top of the file has a version history.  Scroll to the last entry in that history to see the current version of the software.

Thanks Joe. I was not aware of that. 

Thank you every one. I never knew good people have a good forum here. Thanks a lot!!

Hello,

I am in the same situation. I have .ACD file but do not have any software to read ladder logic. Can anyone help me convert the file into pdf please?

Is there any software, apart from RSlogix, available out there to view this type of file?

Thanks,

HA

Skin_Measuring_3_05_18.ACD

Edited by harsh2385
forgot to attach the file

I will let someone else convert that for you since I don't have v28 installed on my machine.

Only RSLogix/Studio 5000 can open *.ACD files. Which software (RSLogix 5000 or Studio 5000) depends on the version. They changed the name somewhere around v21 or so.

Harsh,

Looked at the program, I see that you are an admin for the machine.  I also see the name of the original company that created the logic and the programmer.  I checked and that person exists.  Have you contacted them and him to get a pdf of the program?  I'm concerned that you are asking us to print this program and go around the OEM of the equipment and possible intellectual property rights.

I have this problem too. I am currently learning ladder logic, did an assignment with school computer, I have to write a report with it . I thought rzlogix 500 will open it but it isn't and I need to take screen shot of the program.Please help convert

my email is : talk2buky@hotmail.com

thanks 

Water_Treatment_Backwash.ACD

On 2/6/2017 at 9:07 PM, Armadillo852 said:

You have to make sure you have the correct version of Logix5000 or Studio 5000.

FYI it is Logix 5000 version 17

I would like to convert .acd file to pdf file only ladder logic no tags no cross references. Can you help me with this I am not able to attach my file here because of the size.