mattster

Reading Controllogix DINT in FactoryTalk View Studio

9 posts in this topic

I am fairly new to Controllogix and have been thrown into the deep end in a Project.  I am trying to read my digital input tags from the plc (Studio 5000 v24) to the panelview (FactoryTalk View Studio v8) via ethernet.
My digital inputs Ethernet_3_IO:1:I.Data are stored in I[8] and passed to N24[160] in the PLC. DINT
I have accessed N24(160] in FactoryTalk View Studio by configurating the comms setup and reading the offline tags from my plc software.
When I come to viewing the state of my first digital input on my digital input display screen in the HMI software how do I read just the first tag in N24[160].
From multistate Indicator properties under connection and choosing tag i can access {[Controller Tags]N24[160]}
Can i simply change this to {[Controller Tags]N24[160/0]} or am I going completely the wrong way about this.
This is a convertion project from plc5 to controllogix which doesn't help.
Any help would be much appriciated

Add  '.x' to the end of your tag - for example N24[160].0 - to read the bit. Obviously 'x' could be 0 -31 since you are reading a DINT.  

1 person likes this

I'm trying to understand why your tag structure is SLC but your post says ControlLogix? Did someone use SLC structure in a CLX PLC???

He said it was a conversion from PLC5 to ControlLogix.  I've seen this done a lot with conversions.

Just now, Joe E. said:

He said it was a conversion from PLC5 to ControlLogix.  I've seen this done a lot with conversions.

I've seen it done too but I can't come up with anything positive to say about it...

Just now, Michael Lloyd said:

I've seen it done too but I can't come up with anything positive to say about it...

I've only done it on purpose when I had to support an old HMI (PV Standard, TCP/Quickpanel, etc.) that didn't support tags.

I can see that. Sometimes making an HMI work with a new project is more work than the PLC project

Agreed.  In these cases, I wasn't given the option to choose a different HMI (ControlLogix L55 talking to a PV Micro 300).