Hezrone

B&R SDM manuals

2 posts in this topic

hello guys is there somewhere I can find B&R SDM manuals.

Really, most things are covered in the help under Motion -> Reference Manuals -> ACP10SDC.

A few details that you can easily miss are closing the loop on axes that usually don't have encoders (VFDs) and how to tune a stepper axis with an encoder so it doesn't just stall all the time.

When you add an inverter, like a P74 as an SDC axis, it will make an entry in the axis parameter table for PCTRL_S_ACT_PARID (230) = PTCRL_S_SET, which makes it open loop. Just remove that line and setup the SDC encoder stuff and it will use the encoder position and close the loop. I do this with X67 encoder modules to better maintain set speed for intermittently loaded conveyors.

For stepper tuning, you have to get into the axis tuning and set p_max to a real value that prevents stalling instead of 1e30 (no limit). With map axis control, p_max must be set from code after the map initialization until they fix the initialization step always writing down the default values for parameters not in the map config, which p_max isn't because you never use it unless you are doing a closed loop SDC stepper axis. You will also want to set t_predict/t_total to some multiple of your cycle time to give time for the encoder feedback to reach NC Manager. I usually use 8xEPL cycle and this is recommended in the help. Just try different values to find the one that minimizes lag error spikes up or down on a high accel move, which is the same tuning procedure as a servo (the difference being that the value you find for a servo will be 1x or 2xEPL_cycle, not 8x).