lamboom

WARNING ..Installing V1.17x of Sysmac may be a problem

8 posts in this topic

Hi .. A small issue you might run into..   I just ran the Sysmac Auto Update program and  there was one file listed, version 1.17   … hmmmmmm, I thought it was strange because I already had updated to V1.17 not long ago … well, perhaps this one is actually 1.176 … or something like that?… so, I checked the box, and selected “install”     After about 45 minutes .. the window changed and suggested a “restart” to enable the update to take effect… so I clicked “Restart” ( in that window) .. computer then shut down.. didn’t restart!   So, I started it up… and waited ‘till all was good to go…. clicked on Sysmac icon…. got the “do-ya-want-this-program-to-make-changes-to-this-computer” window… I clicked “YES”  .. and, the window went away…  and, nothing else happened…  

All attempts failed to get Sysmac to launch… even disabled the security system that pop’s up that “Do-ya-want…”  .. no positive effect.  I tried everywhere in the PC where that Application Icon was...same problem ... Sysmac fails to launch.  So, I’ve reinstalled Sysmac, and am starting over.   Methinks this new “update” called V1.17 , is defective.. be careful….

I am fully up to date with V1.17 and have had no issues.

I was too .... but the Auto-Updater didn't think so....  After my re-install finishes .. if that update shows up again, I'll get the version number for it and post it...

Edited by lamboom

October release was 1.17.20, path is 1.17.21.  If you look at the description for each patch on the automatic updates the info is there.  If you don't expand the tree you just see the main file.

And the patch only fixes a couple very specific issues, so you may not need it if you can wait until the next full release end of March or beginning of April.

1 person likes this

Crossbow - thanks for the info .. everything's working fine now.    No updates required ... yet .. :-)

Actually.. everything is not working properly .. recently, the Auto-Updater , or someone else wants to "Configure" Sysmac.. actually, it's Windows that wants to make some sort of adjustment to Sysmac every time I launch a project:

58ae057342db5_SysmacUpdate.jpg.a88b99760

I let this window have it's way.... once ... even tho it took a long time to fill up .. then, it asked me to load the DVD.. Which I did.. then it took even longer .. and finally changed the window to 60 Min. Remaining... then after a minute .. 70 Min Remaining .. when it got to 112 Minutes remaining.. I clicked "Cancel"  ... It went about undoing itself.. then started again from the beginning... I Canceled again.. it launched a third window starting again.. and I Canceled again...   It only does that routine 3 times...

I checked with Auto Installer.. and get this:

Update_002.jpg.5cbe2781f528f452178c18646

After loading data, this window pops up stating that Sysmac is Up-to-Date ... Really... then what's going on with "Windows Configuring Sysmac Studio????

Edited by lamboom

Sounds like something in Windows has been corrupted.  The software uses the Microsoft .NET libraries, so I would check Windows Update and see if you have waiting updates to OS or .NET.

If that doesn't help, you may want to use the CX-One Remover Tool (on the Sysmac DVD in a folder called Utility) and uninstall completely and reinstall.  It won't remove your projects or anything like that, but will erase Omron software from CX-one and Sysmac Studio. 

I've never had this issue, so it's hard to reproduce or offer much more advice on.  Good luck with it!

1 person likes this

Thanks Crossbow - always a big help :-)