banker

CJ2M 33 Ethernet/IP problem

4 posts in this topic

Hi

I have a problem. I have a PLC CJ2M with Ethernet/IP comms to some Danfoss drives FC280. I can start and stop the drives, control speed ect. BUT when/if my PLC goes into stop the drives continues. The drives have at controlword with a bit 10 Data valid bit ( most be On otherwise controlword will be ignordet ) When the PLC goes into Stop the Ethernet/IP continues to comm. so if i use DM memory for the comms it will not change. If i use CIO memory i all go 0 and the drive ignor the controlword. What to do. ???

Banker

Edited by banker

You need to add a relay contact closure interlock. Your drive should have provision for an external run enable contact. The contact closure needs to be energized by a PLC output.

1 person likes this

Thanks for the suggestion, but I want to avoid a solution with an extra relay. I had this setup with Omron PLC but on profibus, no problem because the comms. stop when the PLC goes into stop.

Banker

hard wired 24v relay is definitely the best  / safest way to go about it. the problem is not really that the EIP comms keep going, its due to the fact that the menory area the EIP card is sending is stale from the last cycle. i believe there is anTag Data Link Start/Stop Bit in the diagnostics area, maybe play with only turning this high while scanning and see if it resets on its own like some reserved areas.