jg0825

MR-J4 SERVO POINTS TABLE QUESTION

6 posts in this topic

Hi

I am new to Mitsubishi products. i started a new project with FX5U PLC(FX5-CCLINE) and MR-J4-200GF-RJ servo drive. i try to positioning the servo with points table method. Can i send the position data (for example "distance") from PLC to servo to move to different position with only one points table setup in servo? I used to work with AB kinetix 300 servo drive which can do what i describe above.

Is the built in Ethernet port on plc  same as the one on FX5-CCLINE? Can i plug those ports to same switch to communicate with laptop or GS screen?

thanks

I don't recognize your PLC part number. I'm gathering you have an FX5U with a CC-Link Master card connected to the servo drive?

Yes, you can set one point table position, then use communications commands to modify the distance, speed, etc. of that point table position.

The Ethernet port on the FX5U can be used for programming or connecting to an HMI. In fact, it is the default choice for programming since the FX5U doesn't have USB or the round programming port like previous generations of the FX.

I think he's using the FX5-CCLIEF as he's connecting to the MR-J4 ... GF. So CC-Link IE Field.
You should use a managed switch if you want to have IP based communication and CC-Link-IE Field (not basic) on the same switch.
Mitsubishi has one in their portfolio

Aha! I haven't used that version yet, and the typo in the original post made the search I did fail.

But it doesn't change the basic content of my answer!

i use FX5U cpu with FX5 ccline module to communicate with servo. so i can not put the build in ethernet  port and cclinke port on same network if i use a regular switch. i have to setup two separate networks. one for programming and HMI another for field connection. please confirm that.

thanks

Technically you could put a HMI on the IE Field network. Then you could program the PLC, via the HMI USB port for example, in transparent mode without needing two networks at the FX5U.

CC-Link IE Field has two layers of communication; cyclic for control/drives and transient for data. It is not the same as standard ethernet hardware and you can't put them on the same hub. There is a new GOT model which connects to IE Field:

https://www.cc-link.org/sch/c020?CL=1&prodId=PD12050554&menuSeqNo=2

But it is probably quite expensive and I don't know what the support would be like in your location yet. Therefore I would recommend just setting up a normal Ethernet for your programming and HMI.

It would be nice to have one network with the HMI, drives and remote I/O all on there but the cost would probably be a little bit higher than standard Ethernet/CC-Link V2 right now.