lamboom

BMP Image files for NA HMI in Sysmac Studio

8 posts in this topic

While creating some pages yesterday for the NA HMI, using Studio V1.17, I went to look for "images" to make some cool buttons.  Looking in Properties/Design/Image ..  some research told me I'll need to look for a file on this path: C:\Program Files\OMRON\CX-One\CX-Designer\intaparts\BMPfiles\

problem was... I didn't have CX-One ... or any BMP files (related to Omron)

So, the question is.. Did Sysmac Studio ever get around to providing such "Image files" for HMI objects?   If so, can they be downloaded without having to purchase CX-One?    Thanks, Regards, Michael

NA does have some pre-made parts like arrows, warning signs, country flags, etc., which is not an image libraries but a Control. They're not come with button / lamp libraries if you only installing Sysmac Studio pack and not CX-One. The path you mentioned is exclusive if you install CX-Designer, which is part of CX-One software package.

The reason why is probably due to Buttons and Lamps in NA already have a quite "cool" customization tool :D, which eliminates the need of adding extra image library. However I agree that time-by-time we want to give some difference to our project.

Thanks for the info Innoaloe ... I don't have much need for CX-One or CX-Designer ..  My work with Omron is very limited to this one project I'm doing where the Motion Control module in the NJ is managing streaming position data to a LinMot servo drive & linear motor to make model ocean waves.  You already helped me once in that project... Thanks again... :-)

PS:  Could you be more specific about the "cool customization tool" you mentioned in Sysmac for the NA ?     I haven't discovered anything other than "simple" ... in buttons and switches .. perhaps I've missed something (I am a newbie ya know)

Edited by lamboom

Actually... the problem was the "Path" provided by Omron's on-line training school.   Program Files  should have been Program Files (x86)  ... makes all the difference in the world.

It's a bit of a pain having to open that BMP folder .. but, there's zillions of good objects there ... the one I was looking for, to enhance a rather plane button, was ...BMPFiles\LampSwitch-Rectangle\ LSW_40 and LSW_41  ... Apparently, you don't have to have CX-One or CX-Designer.. Just some of their files.. which apparently are included in the Sysmac install....

It is just a library.

9 hours ago, lamboom said:

Actually... the problem was the "Path" provided by Omron's on-line training school.   Program Files  should have been Program Files (x86)  ... makes all the difference in the world.

It's a bit of a pain having to open that BMP folder .. but, there's zillions of good objects there ... the one I was looking for, to enhance a rather plane button, was ...BMPFiles\LampSwitch-Rectangle\ LSW_40 and LSW_41  ... Apparently, you don't have to have CX-One or CX-Designer.. Just some of their files.. which apparently are included in the Sysmac install....

Ah sorry about that... I never personally checked it, since I always had CX-Programmer first prior to having Sysmac Studio :D

So is that project going well?

On 1/13/2017 at 11:18 PM, BobB said:

It is just a library.

Mr Pfhart -  Indeed! ... and a fine library too.. the trick was knowing it existed... and how to find it.  Kinda  like Archaeology .. searching for the lost city in a vast rain forest ... :-)

Innoaloe - The project is doing well... this is what it looks like when a Delta Motion MC and a Red Lion G3 HMI does it all:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQd6YzBWVvI

Now.. if you mean the project where Omron does it all .. I guess it's doing OK .. Because I'm new to Omron, and I have to read 50 to 100 manuals each with about 1000 pages.. it's gonna take a while. 

DSC01356_2.jpg.b0d1b1fc83fb653b1743f8bb9

One thing that would help a lot would be an "Example Project file (.smc2) "  where Omron NJ, the NA HMI and a LinMot drive were doing something together.  I have found a Project file using a LinMot Ethernet/IP and the NJ.. but no HMI (so it's hard to follow the global variables).. But, It's a big help.  Also, LinMot has published one Project file which uses their EtherCAT DS drive.. but, it too doesn't include the NA HMI.    I know how to configure & program the LinMot ... but, seeing how someone has done a servo drive with Omron using the HMI for control.. would be very helpful.    I haven't found any "example" programs on Omron's site .. yet... still looking, and .. asking.. :-)

There is nothing automatic in my project.. the "machine" is always adjusted and run by an operator (A student, scientist or the public... as in a museum)

Edited by lamboom

Sysmac Studio installs CX-Designer.  Specifically so people using the NJ with the NS screens have all required software.  So even if you only have Sysmac Studio installed, you have those sample files.

1 person likes this