Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jake104

FTview 7.0 - Picture with constant header / footer

4 posts in this topic

I want my display to have a header, a footer and a specific main Picture.

In the foooter section I have a button for each main Picture - so navigation is simply by pressing the button in the footer to display the relevant main Picture.

On top I always have a header section (displaying status, time and some other general information).

How do I set up my displays like this?

Can I make a "Master Picture" with a "header", "main" and "footer" area and then display the relevant Picture in these areas?

Or shall I create a header Picture to display on top, a main Picture for the middle and a footer for the bottom?

I have tried to make a footer - and specifiy the size and position. But it still has a Title Bar - despite me clearing the check mark in the Display Settings.

Consider using the Global Displays for the Header and Footer.  Then use regular displays for the Main

We do something similar to this in our systems.

The "header" as you call it is an Alarm Banner on a display with 1280x91 dimensions. In the display properties it is set to to load at position 0,0. (More on that later.) The "Title Bar" option is set to off. It is configured as an "On Top" type of display.

The "footer" is a menu bar that uses a 3x8 arrangement of buttons in a hierarchy with captions and commands determined by upper level choices.

The menu bar is on a display with 1280x100 dimensions. It is loaded at startup with a parameter file that sets initial captions and VBA takes care of changes to captions. It is configured to load at position 0,0. (More on that later.) The "Title Bar" option is set to off. It is configured as an "On Top" type of display.

The body or "Master Picture" area is set up with 1280x896 dimensions and is set to load at position 0,0. (More on that later.) This display (and others like it) are set as "Replace" types of displays. These are the displays our operators do 90% of their work. he "Title Bar" option is set to off.

When we run a client session, the startup macro looks like this...macro commands in bold. Omit double quotes.

Display "header file name here" /DT                     Because we are docking it at the top (/DT), the 0,0 position in the display settings for that display

setting is ignored. (It's actually redundant)

Display "Master Picture file name here"              Because we docked the header file display and the display settings for your Master Picture

display are set to load at 0,0 the system will determine that as far as the Master Picture display

is concerned, 0,0 is the lower left corner for the header display.

Accordingly, it will load your Master Picture display directly below the header display.

Display "footer file name here"  /DB                   We load this last because it will dock itself at the bottom of the display (thus ignoring its 0,0 position setting

in the configuration settings for the display.

The result is two displays of equal width and minimal height sandwiching a larger display of equal width but considerably more height.

None of the three displays shows a Title Bar at runtime.

Attached is a screen shot of the menu buttons (similar to your "footer")

ButtonBar.jpg

Edited by Filthy McNasty

Thank you!

I had almost come to the same solution - but I shall investigate your trick with the 0,0 position on all three Pictures.

I just place them on the absolute position when they all open.