Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Omatic

Help with analog expansion

3 posts in this topic

Hi, new to this forum. I've been tasked with something out of my wheel house and need some help. I need to read wind speed and trigger relay outputs when the speed reaches a certain MPH for a certain period of time. I have zero experience using devices with analog voltage outputs/inputs and need some help configuring the PLC to read the data when the speed sensor spins. Below is the list of hardware that I'm currently using. Any assistance from the veterans out there would be appreciated and please let me know if more info is needed.

CP1L-L14DR-A 

CP1W-AD041

Sensor info: Input power is 7-24VDC and output is 0.4V to 2V

For that configuration the analog data will appear in CIO words 001-004 (AD041 inputs 1-4). You will need to initialize the AD041 module on startup to set the range by writing HEX data into words 101 and 102. The details of the settings are in section 7.2 of the W471 manual. To set all four AD041 inputs to 0-5vdc you would write #80FF HEX into both CIO 101 & 102 at startup (P_First_Cycle on). The analog data will magically appear in CIO words 001-004 with a range of 0-6000 corresponding to 0-5vdc.

Thanks for the info, will give this a go on Monday. I'll let you know how I make out. Your help is appreciated.