JiM_cz

GX Works 2 and @ "insufficient memory" msg when try to write to PLC

3 posts in this topic

Hello guys, when I try to write to the PLC I keep getting message "insufficient memory" every time after I do some modifications. I have to save the program, close GX works 2, open it again and then I can send it to the PLC. I run it on Win XP. Do you have any idea why this is happening?

A few things to try:

1. Update to the latest version of Gx Works if it won't cause compatibility issues with your end user. Updating often fixes a lot of stability issues like this.

2. Delete all data on the PLC and transfer the whole project again (only if it's safe to do so!). This is an option at the top of the same window that you open to write to the PLC.

3. Add more RAM to your PC. I doubt Windows XP would cause problems but also perhaps try it on a Win 7 PC too.

4. Uncheck "device comments" in the write options. A lot of models with smaller ROM capacity can't store all the comments of a large project.

Apart from that, we would need to know the model of your PLC and whether you are using a simple project or labels (variables).

1 person likes this

I agree with @Luke.S on point 1 and 3. Hopefully you can upgrade to the latest version of GW2 (if you haven't done so already)? However, point 3 I actually do believe that WinXP might cause issues as it is a fairly new SW and backwards compatibility is most often not a priority. I would also suggest to try it on a Win7 (or newer) computer.

Regarding point 2 and 4, unless the problem is in the PLC (you get a memory error from the transfer to the PLC) then I don't think these are valid in your scenario.

1 person likes this