Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
richlins

Panel View Plus Ethernet - No activity lights

2 posts in this topic

Hello, I have a PVP600 2711P-T6C20D.  when i plug an ethernet cable into the port neither the green or amber light turn on to show activity.  All the ethernet settings are correct on the HMI and also in RSLinx.  The HMI turns on with no problems and does not show any error messages or codes, it boots up to the configuration screen where everything else appears to be functional.  I have a second unit and when i plug the ethernet cable into that HMI, the ethernet port lights start flashing almost immediately and is picked up by rslinx.  

So i am trying to figure out if the ethernet port on the first unit is bad and if it can be repaired.

On the back of the HMI unit, there are (2) status indicator lights...green (communication) and red (hardware faults).  Refer to pg. 207.

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/2711p-um001_-en-p.pdf

Can you plug into system with your development PC and ping the problem PanelView?  Most likely the unit has a hardware problem and is keeping Ethernet port from being activated.