13 posts in this topic

I am Facing Problem Getting Kwh Readings From My Satec MFM(PM130-PLUS), Required for an easy & reliable Monitoring On Energy Consumption .

Connected via RTU Slave Interface with SCADA User Interface (GE_Cimplicity).

Here's what happening :

Actual Kwh Reading has 8_decimal data digits on MFM LED Display but on Cimplicity SCADA User Interface Screen It only able to Display it as 4_Decimals point digit,

eg, 63290058 kwh shows as 0058 ,

and 15299999 kwh shows as 9999 ,

and then 15300001 kwh shows as 0001 i.e 1 only!

Plz Do a Rply , your slight approach to my Query Will be highly Appreciated!! :)

HT-MOTOR-01.JPG

Edited by MD SULTAN ALAM

This is the Allen-Bradley forum and your application has a GE-Cimplicity SCADA system communicating with a Satec power monitor.  This should be moved to another forum, such as General, to reach your intended audience.

It appears that the issue is with the SCADA display of the data.  Is it possible the SCADA is displaying 2 words of data per item, and the addresses are shifted 1 word?  With Modbus, I believe that is your comm protocol, I have experienced situations in which I had to shift the registers at one end of the chain to map correctly.

i don't think you follow what Will was telling you.

what do you mean by "reading all data correctly"? how did you verify that? what are exact settings you use? (how about screenshot?).

term "integer" is a very broad term.... what exact integer type you tried? do you have link to manual?

did you read datasheet? i found Proibus version and it looks like type is UINT32.

http://www.satec-global.com/sites/default/files/PM130-PLUS_PROFIBUS.pdf

I dont use any of these products but looks like byte ordering is swapped and to add to that normal integers are used

Here Satec MFM Power Meter Shows :

1970698 kWh (HT-MOTOR-01) but On SCADA It Shows as Only 0698 i.e 698.

1560714 kWh (HT-MOTOR-03) Showing as Only 0714 i.e 714 Only.

Cimplicity Screen For Kwh Readings And MFM Power Meter Scaling LOGIC

1kWh_2.JPG

Edited by MD SULTAN ALAM

1MFM_ACT_ENRG Logic.jpg

About My Read Register!

1MFM_2_read register.jpg

ACTIVE ENERGY IMPORT SCALING LOGIC.

1MFM_2_LOGIC4.jpg

Edited by MD SULTAN ALAM

You're acting like a spoiled child, flooding the forum with posts in the mistaken belief that it will somehow generate more responses to your question.

In the GE PLC, a 32-bit integer resides in two consecutive %R addresses. You appear to only be displaying one of them.

Since From 5th of jan.2017 its been 2weeks i didn't get my query answered on my level.

:(  Sry.. !

" In the GE PLC, a 32-bit integer resides in two consecutive %R addresses. You appear to only be displaying one of them "

Now, Do i have to create 2 consecutive %R addresses for each Feeder's PowerMeter as i cant add another Address consecutive to the present one as all of them already associated to other Points :( ,

To do the same, Is there Other Easy & Simple way i am totally missing ??

Thank You very much for yours valuable Reply.
Sry, I am New to GE-Cimplicity Platform.

Edited by MD SULTAN ALAM

You should make sure your point in Cimplicity is defined as a 32-bit integer.

But I'm a little confused. In your first post you said that you are reading the data from the Satec using Cimplicity. Your screen captures indicate that you are using a GE PLC. Which device is the Modbus RTU master? Is the PLC in charge of reading the Satec data? Does Cimplicity read from the PLC? Or does Cimplicity read from the SATEC and write to the PLC?

1 person likes this

For the sake of argument, let's assume your PLC is reading a 32-bit integer at Modbus address 400000 and places that value at %R00001 in PLC memory. The lower 16 bits will reside in %R00001. The upper 16 bits will reside in %R00002. In Cimplicity you will need to define a 32-bit integer that reads from PLC memory %R00001. Because the point in Cimplicity is a 32-bit integer, Cimplicity will take care of requesting the data from both %R00001 and %R00002.

However, based on your first post, I think the data in the SATEC may be in BCD format. If that is the case, you need to read two 16-bit integers from the SATEC, convert each integer from 16-bit BCD to 32-bit integer and then multiply the 32-bit integer that represents the upper four digits by 10000 and to that add the 32-bit integer that represents the lower four digits.

1 person likes this

I think This Will definitely Solve the Problem!!

:-)  :-)   :dance:   :-)  :-)

Wow...ThankYou Very Much...!!