kaiser_will

Red Lion Crimson HMI download via Ethernet

5 posts in this topic

(3) Red Lion G07 Crimson 3.0 HMIs communicating with Wago PLC  via Modbus TCP over Ethernet.  Download application initially via USB (which will configure the Ethernet port).  After that SHOULD be able to download via Ethernet, but will not download via Ethernet.  HMIs all communicate with PLC properly via Ethernet; can ping them.  Have followed all steps in the literature.  This must be a one-time obscure setting to make it work.

Did you enable download over Ethernet? There's a tab called download under network configuration. See attached screenshot.

Capture.GIF

Thank you, JRoss.  Yes, I did.  We have been experiencing many issues with Red Lion HMIs as of lately in that every few months the same canned application behaves different.  I suspect there is a missing step not identified in the literature, such as a power cycle after initial USB download.

Hmm. I've only used the Graphite once, and I didn't use the Ethernet. Maybe something different about that hardware. Never had a problem with the G3 or Kadet, so long as I didn't cancel a download in the middle. That gums up the Ethernet settings and requires a download with USB or serial to get it back again. Have you contacted their tech support?

Are you getting an error msg 'can't open communcations port? Be sure to ping the ip address of the HMI to make sure it's on the network. Also try setting the gateway address to 0.0.0.0

If you're on a managed network you may be blocked at the gateway.