lamboom

Removing the Safety Bypass Connector

8 posts in this topic

I just don't want to break it.. and I can't find anything in the thousands of Omron's manuals that say how to remove it.. using a screw driver?.. squeeze something?  Expiring minds need to know,  thanks... Regards Michael

Edited by lamboom

remove what exactly? picture? part number? datasheet link? 

Sorry - Panic Mode ... It's name is "Safety Bypass Connector" ... I don't think you would be able to answer.. unless you were certain of what it was...  It's a little block about 1 inch long and 3/8 inch square.. which fits into a special socket on the G5 series Servo Drives .. when inserted.. it clicks in, and locks ... and, disables the safety circuits of the drive .. making the drive.. "unsafe" ...for some of the more adventurous users out there.   

I wanted to remove it, but, have not done so before... and found it tricky.. especially with all the other connections crowding the area on the drive... It is not intuitively obvious how the connector is withdrawn.. and, Omron makes no explanatory attempt in all the thousands of pages and hundreds of manuals published about this equipment.

I knew if I posted a request for the secret process... I would eventually figure it out.. and so, I removed a few other plugs which were blocking my fingers.. and moved in close... after experiencing a few failures while gently using a small screw driver, also squeezing a tab on the left and gently pulling .. and, again failing.. I decided to push the tab toward the Drive, while pulling back on the connector.. and it came out ... a large boulder then dropped from the ceiling, and smashed the dang drive flat .. so, I guess I can close out this thread...    If it weren't for your comment.. I would have.... sigh!

Edited by lamboom

Bless your heart...:-D

Yeah its push the tab to the drive to release the safety connector.  It should be mentioned in the safety section of the manual for the amplifier.

What are you saying here Crossbow.... ?  Did you mean to say: "It should be mentioned in the safety section... but it isn't."   ... Or,  If I had looked, I would have found it in the safety section of the manual. ?      Sounds like you may be impugning my ability to find specific information in the hundreds of thousands of Omron's pages.   I admit it ... sometimes, it's all I can stand, I can stands' no more.  when it comes to "finding" things in the Omron manuals ... The search function is a life saver... In this case, it didn't help.   I might go look again, if this is a challenge.. I accept it!

Wow, all I said was it should be in the manual.   There is a very short section on the safety function, not hundreds of pages.  I said nothing about your ability to read a manual.  If you want to take it that way, then fine.  I simply won't reply anymore.

Hi Crossbow... I'm Joking!.. I always assume I'm not being insulted ('tho I probably deserve it) .. And.. Yes it should be in the manual...   There's a lot that should be in the manual...  But.. It's a good manual ...    I'm always afraid the members are going to think.. why doesn't this nube use the manual ...  sooooooo .. I was just accepting a perceived challenge to "find it"  :-)       Please take no offense .. I love you ... really!