Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chris Elston

Seqencer output example?

5 posts in this topic

Can any supply a seqencer output example that is controlling a simple pick and place or sequence air operated device? I want to see how safe your application is. Please upload to this topic.

I'd like to see that myself. trying to get something to work and have been unsucessful. See if it would be useful for what I'm trying to do. I want to start a conveyor, that has a photocell. If sw. is open i want to seal in and run till it makes sw. and then move it like 200 ms further after it makes. If its made at start it does same thing except it goes open then when making again it moves the 200ms. I have 4 conveyors staging parts in to a test system. I have it running but am unable to get the extra move to work correctly. I've tried it different ways like with a TOF doing the extra move but its inconsistent. I'd draw it out but not quite sure how you do that here. Any ideas? I 'm using Logix 5.0 with a SLC500 so a .rss would be ok or anything prior if someone has an example. Our engineering guys dropped our support even though 5.00 has a few bugs. I'm almost sure its crashing our laptop with Win ME on it. Besides the RSView not working on it.

Why don't you post the program as an attachment to your post and let others have a look at what you've done and we may be able to see whats wrong. Best Regards Chris Bramall Barnsley, UK

:0  Actually when I was thinking of how to export like to slc file or to a .rss or draw it out in a .txt file I seen what was preventing it from working. Strange that I had done loaded that thing 2 times in between crashes of our Dell laptop and working on it back on the desktop and could'nt see the light in front of me. Duh   If you was going to include a file to post which method would you use here. Export to .slc or .rss or maybe just copy the line from the ladder?

To transfer between various machines at work i always use .rss and also export database to external files. I have also got logix configured so it does not use projects, this forces it to save everything in the directory I want. This has the result of making it much simpalar to synchronize the laptop to the network. For the forum however save as .rss with export database into a single directory. The zip the lot up to post. not only will it make it easier to post but also quicker. Best Regards, Chris Bramall, Barnsley UK