Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Annie Asif

Direct Logic PLC

5 posts in this topic

Is there any way to save a copy of ladder logic to a DL PLC in addition to writing to it? When I write a program, I give nicknames/description to all the I/Os. When I upload ladder logic from a PLC, it only gives me the ladder logic, not the description of I/Os and nicknames. I want to be able to get the I/O information from the PLC so that different technicians can go out in the field with their own laptops and not have to worry about getting a copy of I/O list before they leave the shop.

No. When you download the program to the plc, the only thing that gets stored in the plc is the code. No rung comments or bit descriptions are stored in the processor.

Jnelson is correct for most PLC's. Instead of a I/O list, can't they just keep a copy of the program on the laptops? Then when in the field, they open the program, go on line. Comments should be present.

So many PLCs don't store comments in onboard memory that I put a floppy with the program in most panels I build. Or a CD (they last better than floppies in industrial environments).

I USUALLY PUT ATTRIBUTES OVER THE RELAYS TO SHOW WHAT I AM WRITING. LIKE WHEN I PUT A N.C. RELAY AND THEN THE ADDRESS, ON TOP OF THAT, I PUT WHAT IT IS FOR. I HAVE IT ON MY ALLEN BRADLEY, DIRECT LOGIC AND MITSUBISHI. I HAVEN'T TRIED MODICON, HAVEN'T HAD A CHANCE TO GET TO IT YET, BEEN DYING TO CHECK IT OUT. I HAVE ALWAYS DOWNLOADED IT ONTO FLOPPY, I HAVEN'T HAD ANY TROUBLE YET. I HOPE THIS HELPS.