aakash

linear encoder

4 posts in this topic

we are having fx 3u series plc .There i s magnetic linear encoder used to check the movement.i was trying to see how it has been programmed the two wires has been connect to x0 x1terminals  and two for power  .  we  couldnt find x0 x1 i/p on the program .i check the parameters too there nothing specific is there .i can see there is counter c251 which reads the positon. I wana replace it with one with high res.to check more accurately the movement.

Regards  

Aakash

Aakash

First seven inputs linked to the counters in the PLC. If you check the FX3U programming manual, available from mymitsubishi, there is a table

which indicates the input identification and the input purpose purpose. There are various types of encoders you can use of course. The manual also shows you the HS counters,

and the various PLC commands available to you.

There is no cost to sign up to mymitsubishi, there is lots of information there, manuals, brochures and even cad drawings. A very good site resourse site.

I use the European mymitsubishi myself. There is a Japanese site, but there can be some translation issues. No cost for downloading the information you need.

There are some good conversion, and selection tools available there as well.

Regards

Colandra

Aakash

Attached are a couple of pages for you to look at.

Note though, if C251 is used X0 and X0 are already allocated to C251. You would need to change the counter to C235 and not use C251 at all in your program.

Rewgards

Colandra

count 1.JPG

count2.JPG

that was helpful.i am replacing the encoder with higher resolution from .005 to .001 mm, that will not change anything maybe in hmi i have to change the data expression . i will try this using new encoder

Regards