koelkommer

E1000 HMI to Web Page

10 posts in this topic

Hello everyone

I want to make information on our HMI's available to others using a web browser. I was looking for a few resources where I might be able to learn the basics. 

Any help is really appreciated. 

E-terminals have a built in web page last time I knew.  Just put the IP address of the screen in your web browser.

But I haven't touched one since 2005.

You are correct but this only outputs the most basic of information from the HMI's default page. Information on the HMI only it requires quite a bit of further programming.

Thanks for your response Crossbow.

If you enable "Remote access" (Network Connections -> Network Services -> Remote Access) you can access you panel from a web browser.

"Panels-IP-address" :5800

It uses Java, and that can be a real pain in the butt.

Best is to use a VNC viewer.

It's recommended to use a password in the remote settings of the panel.

Hi Bryll,

Just a quick question at the side.

I did the remote procedure as you described above in a E1032 panel before and used VNC to view the actual screen at the HMI. One problem that I had was to switch to an other screen. I could only view the actual screen but not operate functionkeys to switch to an other screen or change a value. I had to ask the operator at the remote side to switch manually between screens to look and view what was happening with the procesvalues inside the machine on location.

Do you know a trick to operate the HMI buttons from the remote side using VNC or is it just a viewer only? I hope that you or one of the other forummembers have this experience.

Best regards,

Theo V.

Try this VNC client from Beijers web page.

It's not the latest version that can handle iX and E1000 panels, it only handles the E1000 series

Thank you Bryll for the link, I will try this program after the holidays on a E1032 panel.

Best regards,

Theo V.

Thanks for your response Bryll. I already have all the HMI's working on VNC. My problem is I have 5 separate machines that are identical but operated from different PLC/HMI's It has been too difficult explaining to the operators that for machine 1 you need to go to IP address 189.345.77.1 and then for the other two machines you go to another IP address etc.etc. It was difficult getting them to understand the IP address concept. The 5 machines can all be operated at the moment from a single SCADA which is very OLD unreliable and runs on a virtual machine, which our IT brothers believe is their domain until it fails at 3 am. Now if I could get all the information onto a single HMI which they could access via a web browser all my problems will be solved. Any help here would be great.

Regards

Why not set the panels as web servers, and access them from a browser.

I have a "get started" document about it, but it's in Swedish.

Guess your local rep can supply you with the English version.

It should be possible to put a row of buttons that is linked to each panel in the web pages.

To make it possible to switch "source" panel.

I haven't done this myself, so I might be wrong.

Screen_Shot_01_02_17_at_05_14_PM.pngimage upload

A bit basic - but could you not just put a shortcut to each machine on the desktop. We have done this before on the E1000 series (using Tightvnc). The user just clicks on the icon for the machine he wants to control (or just view - setup dependant).

Edited by Nightfly