vinicius_MPA

micrologix1100 explict message for power flex 525

5 posts in this topic

I'm having problems with some explicit messages between the 1100 and the power flex 525, the message that send the commands to the 525 has the error code e6 and according to what I read the error describes Target node cannot respond because requested function is not available. 

Thank you for your help.

Vinicius Galvão

What are the exact addresses and formats for the message ?

The PowerFlex 525 contains quite a few CIP objects and emulates some PCCC registers (SLC-500/MicroLogix style data tables).

If you requested the value of a parameter or object that doesn't exist, error code e6 is what you would get.

Please post a screen shot of the MSG block.

I did exactly according to the site http://www.infoplc.net/descargas/203-rockwell/automatas/micrologix/2334-micrologix-powerflex-525-ethernet-ip. Only what changed was the ip that I used different, the Plc I am using and the micrologix series beo inverter and the power flex 525 series a revision 4.1

forum.png

Please show the Multi-Hop tab, and compare it to the other message.

While I realize that A-B and various integrators have illustrated how to do this sort of control with a MicroLogix 1100 controller, I still strongly recommend against it.    The MicroLogix does not and will never really do I/O control over Ethernet.