BITS N BYTES

Auto Update Failure

11 posts in this topic

The OMRON Automation Software Upgrade Utility has worked flawlessly in the past for updating CX-One and Sysmac Studio.

Just got a new update for Sysmac Studio 1612_0101 , it will not complete and indicates install is aborted.

Anyone else had a similar problem and/or suggest how to resolve this?

No - only used it yesterday. There were no updates to CX-One - only Studio. Worked fine.

Well after Sysmac Studio Auto Update failed to complete now Sysmac Studio is not working at all. Seems like the *.exe file to launch the program was uninstalled during the update process. I am now unable to use the program. Any suggestions how to recover from this. I have full Sysmac Studio and CX-One licenses. CX-One is working just fine>

ARGGHH! Very frustrating.

Sysmac Studio Update Error.JPG

Edited by BITS N BYTES

Bugger! Looks like a re-instal job.

Does that mean running CXone and Sysmac Studio remover followed by a completely new reinstall!! OMG I hope not. Auto Update has worked flawleslly for a long time. Why not now. Will contact OMRON support tomorrow for resolution and report back.

I would think only studio as CX seems to be OK but not sure - they do use some of the same components I believe. Yes - it has - and still working with no issues for me. Strange.

Issue Resolved.

As always OMRON tech. support was very responsive and helpful in resolving this issue.

They sent me new ISO file and the following procedure worked out.

Uninstalled Sysmac Studio from Windows Control panel.

Restart.

Mount ISO file using Pismo File Mount Audit Package.

Run setup file for Sysmac Studio.

Install completed fine. Standard Edition Ver.1.17 Module version 1.17.20

Restart.

Ran Auto Update and downloaded Smc1612_0101Setup.exe

Launched update and it installed fine. Module Version now shows 1.17.21.

Yep it was 3 hours of nail-biting hoping I didn't have to use the REMOVER tool, but all seems to be working again.

Thanks OMRON.:-2

Got lucky!

I had exact same issue, & therefore stress about having a workable version & access to recent projects I had not yet exported for backup purposes.

What I think my issue was, the VM was out of c:\ space, so when it did the uninstall it had no room for the install.

Simply increasing the size did not solve as the uninstall had already been done.

Luckily, I had some older updates that I could run which corrected everything.

I always export as soon as I save.  I have begged them to add an option for automatic export at save, as projects are typically placed on flash drives or network servers.  No luck yet.

I got past the problem by disabling the, in my case, three OMRON windows services. Stopping them, the update could be restarted and installed without any problem.