Amol Kirad

Communication Between Mistubishi Q series and F series PLC using Inbuilt Ethernet Port

14 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I want to share some data Between  FX3U PLC and Q series PLC using Inbuilt Ethernet port.

Is it possible using UDP MC protocol? 

Which Software are you using ?

GX works 2 at Q series PLC end.
and And Gx developer  at FX3Ge End.

There are some FB which simulate the MC protocol which you can download from the European Mitsubishi site.
Then you only have to create a port on on PLC. And use the FB in the other project

MC FB.JPG

Got it working on it.

If something stuck,will get back to you .;) 

Thanks

Amol Kirad

I have downloaded those file but given structure is only for FX series PLC and only available in FBD.As we are not that much aware of FBD so is there any other way for it?

The problem is that the FX3GE only supports MC protocol (1E) So you can;t use fixed buffer.

I would suggest just buying a small GT2103 connect the FX via de CPU port and the system Q via Ethernet.

The use the Device data transfer function of the GT2103 to exchange the data

But Q also support the MC protocol so  isn't there possibility for communication  with FX3GE ?

Yes but that is as a slave.  You will need to create the requests from your code.
That is why those FB's we're created.

Why not use the HMI. The costs of a GT2103 is not that high and will reduce your programming time considerably

Can I do that using beijer electronics HMI T7F-2   ???

Sorry not familiar with that type of HMI. But it's a pretty standard sort of feature. 
Maybe you can check via your Distributeur?

@Gambit We are also trying to communicate between a Q series PLC and an FX using MC Protocol. My question is, are we able to use the last function block you listed (...EthernetFX3QMC...) inside the Q series PLC program? We are hoping to capture (pull) data from multiple FX series PLCs using the Q as the master who reads the data. So is it possible to use that FB in the Q program to read data from the FX using MC Protocol? 

On 12/14/2016 at 3:57 AM, Gambit said:

There are some FB which simulate the MC protocol which you can download from the European Mitsubishi site.
Then you only have to create a port on on PLC. And use the FB in the other project

MC FB.JPG