ssjophus

FX1s 30MT Problem reading existing program

6 posts in this topic

Let me start by saying that I am fairly new to the world of PLC programming. With that said, I have a customer with a bagging machine that uses an FX1s-30MT processor. this machine has some intermittent sensor faults. I purchased a USB to RS422 connection cable and downloaded the Medoc software to try to pull the program out to see what sensors the PLC is supposed to be looking for at the time of the fault. I am not familiar with the "acronym" based wording, and am finding very little documentation on how to use the software. I cant spend a lot of money on this so GX developer is out of the question unless there is a light or limited version available, I haven't found one yet. The processor is working fine and I'm afraid of doing something wrong and bricking a perfectly good PLC. So I guess, long story short, how do I get the program out of an FX1s-30MT on the cheap?

First of all the cable you have purchased, is it a dedicated Mitsubishi programming cable ?

The normal cable one would purchase is a FX-USB-AW which has the protocol converter at one end.

Not all off the shelf protocol converters function as required.

With respect to software, there is a GX Works 2 FX version and indeed there was a

GX Developer FX version available at some stage which was much cheaper than the full packages.

I am in Australia, and I deal with Mitsubishi on a daily bases, and I know both the cable and GX Works software

referred to above is available here, so I would be surprised if Mitsubishi Americia does not have access to it.

Regards

Colandra

The cable I am using is an FX-USB-AW from Mitsubishi. Is it possible to to pull the program out with Medoc? All links to the software you mentioned return me to back to Mitsubishi. I havn't found a US distributer yet. The only downloadable copies I have found are riddled with malware.
Im sure someone in the US sells it, I just wonder if its more trouble than its worth.

thank you for your help,

ssjophus

Are you referring to the DOS-based MEDOC ("bluescreen")? If so, yes it's possible. I haven't worked with MEDOC for years and I don't have it on my computer anymore so I really don't remember the details of how to do it. In essence you must start with creating a new FX1S project and then upload from the PLC.

Another option, if you can live with instruction list (I guess you only want to figure out which sensor is failing), you can download a free demo version of GX IEC Developer (the IEC version of GX Developer). I would guess the program is very small since it is a FX1S PLC, so the maximum 1000 steps in the demo version will probably do fine.

GID DEMO: https://eu3a.mitsubishielectric.com/fa/en/mymitsubishi/download_manager?id=5481&tab=3

Hi Ssjophus,

Also take in acount that the Medoc MS-DOS based software doesn't t work with Windows versions higher than XP! (You need an old PC/laptop)

If you need to make an upload I suggest  as Kaare_t says and use a SC09 cable or a FX-USB-AW as an interface to your computer.

best regards,

Theo V.

There are hundreds of distributors in the US.  And most of them would have technical guys who could come on site and assist you if you are not familiar with the PLC.

http://us.mitsubishielectric.com/fa/en

You can also call tech support and ask them to walk you through it, though most of them are too new to remember MEDOC, which is very outdated.