Minh

panelview plus cannot get online tag from plc 5/11 throught ethernet

9 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm new to this. I have plc 5/11 connect to ENI to Ethernet network. I can program the plc through Ethernet no problem, but my PV+ 1000 can't read any tag from plc 5/11. PV+ is also on the network. device short cut is create properly on factorytalk view studio. Prior to this factorytalk view on my laptop can see plc5/11 online but online tag is empty. from one of your post I set up the OPC server then I can get all the online tag. So I add this short cut to my communication  for runtime . download to pv+ start it up NOT working. Help, Thanks. Minh

If I remember correctly, there is a box labeled "Replace Communications" on the download screen.  Make sure this box is checked.

Was this a working system or is this a new project with old equipment?  What software and PC operating system versions are you working with?  

I am assuming this is a new project with old equipment.  PLC-5/11 has (1) communication port - DH+ or RIO (remote I/O).  Without the PV Plus 1000 part number, I cannot say what communication ports and available protocols are on your unit.

Walk us through the if this is new/working and what hardware you have.

This is a new project. We want some data display on new PV+. Old system  plc5/11------DH+-----ENI-----Ethernet network------see online and able to program

New PV+ 1000 (2711P-RP1)-------Ethernet network------- see online but can't get data from plc5/11 through ethernet

Explain exactly what's there between the DH+ and the "ENI".     Is there a 1770-KF2 or similar device connected to DH+ ?

It's possible that the Net-ENI was previously being uses in its unusual virtual serial port mode, rather than the customary EtherNet/IP to DF1 Full Duplex mode.

When it's being used for DF1 Full Duplex, the Net-ENI can *only* communicate with one device, in a point-to-point DF1 connection.   That packet won't have a DF1 target address that can be forwarded to a DH+ node.

I don't know for sure if this can be simplified so that the Net-ENI can communicate with DH+ Node 0 only.   Not sure.

The PLC-5/11 does have an RS-232 serial port, which a 1761-NET-ENI can be connected directly to.   Be sure to set the port for CRC error checking, as the Net-ENI only supports CRC error checking and the PLC-5 default is BCC.

just cable nothing in between

PLC5/11use channel 0 connected to 1761-net-eni by one cable ( d-sub 25 pin connector to d-sub 9pin to eni)

on plc chan 0 configure as rs232 system point to point, baud rate 9600, bit per char 8, stop bit 1, parity none, error detect crc, and control line no hand shaking

chan 1A--data highway plus

OK, so your system is set up the way I expected, with Channel 0 via DF1 Full Duplex to the Net-ENI.     The DH+ network and port are separate and not involved.

Be sure that your Shortcut is pointed to RSLinx Enterprise, not to an RSLinx Classic OPC topic.    The workaround of using RSLinx Classic to set up and test a FactoryTalk View application on your development PC will not work when you put the application on the PanelView Plus, because RSLinx Classic is not present on the PanelView Plus, just the RSLinx Enterprise drivers.

There is an RA Knowledgebase document that describes the specific steps for configuring RSLinx Enterprise to work with the PLC-5 controller.    The exact settings may differ depending on your version of FactoryTalk View, and the Series letter of the 1761-NET-ENI.

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29966

1 person likes this

Hi Ken I try the link to Rockwell web site and can't get it because we don't have contract with them. Can you send me a copy of this file. Thank you very much Ken

Rockwell's support documents are copyrighted, and both because I respect copyright law and because I wrote quite a few of those documents, I do not mis-use my support contract by re-publishing them.

If you don't have a support contract, you can ask your local distributor to use their discretion to get you access to specific documents.