Hycu

Create a *.csv file

5 posts in this topic

Hi, I have a problem. I want to make a specific *.csv file that will contain data from, let’s say, D0-D100 registers from my PLC. The *.csv file should be created when some event occurs (not periodically). What is the best way to do it? I thought of using MX Sheet / MX Component, but I’m wondering if there is another (cheaper) possibility to communicate with PLC from for e.g. Excel (I mean read data automatically from PLC to Excel via USB or Ethernet), and then use a macro to save it as *.csv file in a specific location?

Which CPU do you use?

With L-series or System-Q with SD card, you can set up a logging and save as CSV on the SD card.

With the FTP server on the CPU switched on, an FTP client should then be able to be fetch the file.

I have never tried this and therefore I don't know how to access the SD card via FTP  . But this solution would be free

Edited by Dave W.

I have R16 PLC (firmware45) and SD card(2GB). Can any one help me to create CSV file in SD card.I need to Logg the data of D0-100 when the M0 trigger bit goes high. can any please help to creat  ladder for this. it will be really helpful.

Edited by kaviraj

On 12/8/2016 at 1:50 PM, Hycu said:

Hi, I have a problem. I want to make a specific *.csv file that will contain data from, let’s say, D0-D100 registers from my PLC. The *.csv file should be created when some event occurs (not periodically). What is the best way to do it? I thought of using MX Sheet / MX Component, but I’m wondering if there is another (cheaper) possibility to communicate with PLC from for e.g. Excel (I mean read data automatically from PLC to Excel via USB or Ethernet), and then use a macro to save it as *.csv file in a specific location?

Hi ,

Kindly send us the PLC Details to Discuss further.

The latest FX5,R and Q PLC are having Sd Card slot inbuit in it .so we can do logging easily through Configurator.

thanks for the quick reply..  I have attached my sample program which i am trying. my senier is suggesting to do with a program because further i need to send those csv. file to server pc.

also i need to logg large data. though configurator may be data cannot be sagrigated easily and it is confusing to define. if you have any idea regarding this please share me an example. or is there any mistake i am doing in my program please suggest. thanks in advance.

RX40NC6BTestPrj_V2.gx3

FTPLOGG_V3.gx3

Edited by kaviraj