Dave W.

FX5U Modbus-TCP Server (Slave)

12 posts in this topic

Hello everybody.
I need a solution for Modbus-TCP server on the PLC.

With the FX3U it would work with the FX3U-ENET module.
The internal interface of the FX5U should actually be able to work with the library of the FX3U (FX3GModbusTCPServer_GW2_V100) or not?
Because a socket connection is now possible.

I would be happy about suggestions.

Dave

I was recommended to continue to use FX3U and the FX3U-Enet P502 module when connected as Modbus TCP server.

Was told that there's no other work around for this at the moment.

Don't remember when they estimated an implementation of the Modbus TCP server functionality in the FX5U, hopefully in a near future.

Thanks for your fast reply.

The FX3U is too old-fashioned for me.

Do you know whether the FX3U-ENET P502 works together with the FX5U?

There should be an adapter for using with the old modules, as far as I know. The new, fast bus becomes then obsolete but nevertheless ..

Dave

I know there is an adapter, but I'm not sure it will support the FX3U-ENET module.

I'm (almost) pretty sure you can use CC-link modules from the FX3 family, but not the ENET.

I have a solution from Mitsubishi.

It looks like the on board Ethernet is compatible with System-Q and L-Series. In the attachment you find a demo project for GX Works3 which is based on the library "LQnUDEModbusTCP_GW2_V110". This project works fine with my FX5U. So Modbus-TCP server and client is possible with FX5U without big  effort.

FX5ModbusTCP_GW3_V100.gx3

9 people like this

Update: Modbus-TCP Server functionality is now possible without any FB. (Firmware 1.60 an above).

All the necessary settings are now located in the parameter section.

What do you mean by your message?

With the newer Firmware for FX5U, Modbus-TCP Server is natively available.

To download the demo project above, you have to be registered on this site.

Hi everyone someone can explain to me how to use Modbus TCP IP as a slave in a Mitsubishi fx5u ??

I'm not sure how to start it and the manual is confusing me cuss there are too many ways to config it.

16 hours ago, dialgutagm19 said:

Hi everyone someone can explain to me how to use Modbus TCP IP as a slave in a Mitsubishi fx5u ??

I'm not sure how to start it and the manual is confusing me cuss there are too many ways to config it.

For a step by step solution for MB-TCP Server (Slave):
- Download the manual JY997D56101 to e-manual viewer.
- Put this site-ID in the search field of the "e-maual viewer" and select PAGE in Filter section. JY997D56101-BF
If you don't change anything in the settings here:  JY997D56101-C3.P2, all registers of the PLC are available on Modbus.
If this is not what you want, delete the unwanted registers there:

If that doesn't help you, describe your problem in more detail.
Dave

1 person likes this

On 9/9/2022 at 2:15 AM, Dave W. said:

For a step by step solution for MB-TCP Server (Slave):
- Download the manual JY997D56101 to e-manual viewer.
- Put this site-ID in the search field of the "e-maual viewer" and select PAGE in Filter section. JY997D56101-BF
If you don't change anything in the settings here:  JY997D56101-C3.P2, all registers of the PLC are available on Modbus.
If this is not what you want, delete the unwanted registers there:

If that doesn't help you, describe your problem in more detail.
Dave

Hi Dave.

thanks for your help, the problem is that I don't understand how  Modbus TCP-IP (slave) works, for example, I'm sending some registers D1 until D34 but when I checked it on the Modbus pull it says (read error, write error), I don't know why it happened if  I'm sending the wrong type of data or is something different. 

and also y need to receive some data from a master that is allocated in the Modbus direction 42000 - 42059 so I don't know how to set up it, if I only need to use D42000 to D42059, or how I can direct that data to a usable variable, I'm kind of confused 

On 13.9.2022 at 4:18 PM, dialgutagm19 said:

Hi Dave.

thanks for your help, the problem is that I don't understand how  Modbus TCP-IP (slave) works, for example, I'm sending some registers D1 until D34 but when I checked it on the Modbus pull it says (read error, write error), I don't know why it happened if  I'm sending the wrong type of data or is something different. 

and also y need to receive some data from a master that is allocated in the Modbus direction 42000 - 42059 so I don't know how to set up it, if I only need to use D42000 to D42059, or how I can direct that data to a usable variable, I'm kind of confused 

Just to clarify, with Modbus the slave is called the server. This never sends anything on its own.
The client (master) reads and writes data provided by the server.
Here is an example in which the holding registers 40000..40033 are mapped to the device D1..D34. Also register 42000..42059 to D100..D159.
A client can than write and read only in these areas. You can configure this freely according to your needs.

For testing I always use the tool QmodMaster a free master for MB-TCP and RTU
Dave

Settings
MB-Settings.jpg.51625d5902fb4933fb3a6f0f

Test:
One important thing: the slave ID / slave address must be 255. (See screenshot) This could be your problem.
D1.._Test.thumb.jpg.186c533057bffeccce27

FX5U_MB-TCP-Server.gx3

Edited by Dave W.
2 people like this