noomdog

TSXCUSB485 communication problems

5 posts in this topic

Hi there, 

Im trying to use a  TSXCUSB485 converter to communicate between a distributed i/o module and a laptop. 

The i/o module is an OTB1SODM9LP and im using the converter cable (USB) from the Laptop to the converter then from the converter to the module im using a cat6 cable to the MB port. it is coming up with an error message when im trying to connect it using the advantys software. i have the correct COM port in use and have all the relevant drivers installed (it think?)

HELP!! 

Edited by noomdog

Never heard of that PLC number.  That cable is for the TSX37 and TSX57.  Not sure it will work for you.

Good to know, think I still have one in a box in storage...  Been years since anyone asked me to look at one.

If you start the Driver manager. Check where you choose comport number if it says ready at the port. Then your cable is ok.

But is it possible to use a standard ethernet patch?

I think this is not ok. You shoud have a modbus cable. Only pin 4 and 5 connected. Pin to pin. Pin 8 for ground.

You have set the communication parameters correct? You choose this with the wheels on the modul. And the adress..