Transistor

NA HMI "NullReferenceException is thrown at SetLanguage"

6 posts in this topic

I'm editing a dual language project for an NA5 HMI. It's working fine except for the message at startup.

To modify the project I've had to update the firmware on the HMI. I'm using Sysmac Studio 1.15.

584563fde7ecf_OmronNANullReferenceExcept584564b80e5dc_OmronNAstartuplanguage.png

Startup language seems to be set correctly.

Any ideas?

Is there an object with the SetLanguage event which is set to a language which does not exist?  Perhaps a language was deleted but the button to select it was not?  If there's an error, doing a Build in Studio should tell you.

There is, thank you, but it looks OK and is the same as another unmodified panel (as far as I can tell). Build runs OK.

584694ca9ac7a_OmronNAGlobalEvents.png.ff584695130b301_OmronNAlanguagebuild.png.0

Edited by Transistor

From what I know E_SYS_999 is a code for "Illegal Processing" during Runtime, and the manual only said to Restart the NA for the cure.

My guess is that the Event Lamps(178) is already called before NA enters the Main Screen, so any Language Package data is now yet available to be accessed.

I might be wrong though...

I've got no other ideas.  Have you contacted support at Omron Europe?

safdsadfasd.PNG.ef5c8f94dfead161f067d13c

Same E_SYS_999 but different 'At'. I fixed the problem by going back to my global subroutines page and removed one of duplicate IF statements.

Beforebefore.PNG.edce105c1ca3f5dbdbf8f5fa22065

afterafter.PNG.523c29bb60322121756bf5794ab4ef

This cleared the exception which leads me to think that this vague system message could mean a whole lot, although scripts would be my first choice.