ahelwa

Logicmaster 6 Parallel version

12 posts in this topic

Dear Sirs,

I have an old GE PLC 6 and unfortienatly the hard drive of the workmaster is no longer working now so could you please help me to find any supplier for Logicmaster 6 parallel version software? 

Contact these folks for Series Six support. http://www.qualitrol.com/c-40-series-six.aspx

Presumably you have been able to find a replacement hard drive for your Workmaster. It will be more of a challenge to find another computer capable of hosting the parallel interface card.

1 person likes this

Dear Mr. Steve

Thank you for your reply,

The whole workmaster is working well and I don't have problems with it except with the hard drive that is not working any more and all data including the software total lost.

What I'm trying to find is a software for my GE PLC because I "almost" found a hard drive for my workmaster and the DOS program but when I checked Qualitrol's website I found a SERIAL version not parallel version so do you know another website I can talk with or do you know any way to make this serial program to work with the parallel one ? 

Have you spoken with anyone at Qualitrol? I expect they have access to the parallel version even if they don't promote it on their website.

Yes sir, I make a contact with Mrs. Kimberly Lewis in cimtec automatin and after many mails with them I have 2 notes

1) she told me that she have a full kit of "serial cable" while I have a "parallel port" and when I asked her about if it is serial or parallel no one replied me

2) she told me that the program on 1 disk while the original software on 3 diskettes as was maintioned in the original manual of the PLC 

No one replied me about these 2 main points and these emails were sent by tje end of september to the middle of October and after that I sent several mails asking about these 2 points but no answar

Try contacting Allen Wells at Cimtec Automation. He was previously their most experienced person for the Series Six, although I understand he has been reassigned to other duties. He may be able to put you in touch with someone who can help. His email address will follow the same format as that for Kimberly Lewis.

If you had put your time into researching a good replacement for your Series 6 PLC  back in September when you started this it would likely be in place and running now. The GE RX3i would be my recommendation to look into and hire GE Service to assist you with the conversion to get the GE support needed.

Using the serial interface into the Series 6 is your best and maybe only way of using a generic computer other than the Workmaster. IIRC one reason is the software does not support a Hard Drive bigger than 32 Meg. although one can format a primary partition on some larger drives.

Have you looked for a Workmaster compatible hard drive, eBay may surprise you?

Edited by RussB
SP

Dear Mr. RussB

Thank you for your advice about changing my PLC to GE RX3i but I'd like to inform you that I talked with the company that manufactured my machine and told me that if you want to do this you must change almost the electrical componants (total electrical upgrade) and this cost abt USD 340000 and this is over my budget

I got another idea to change the PLC to GE 90-70 or GE 90-30 without changing the electrical componants and when I asked about the budget I found that it will cost USD 25000 as avarege price and also it was out of my budget so I decided to begin from the 1st step is to find a software and hard drive and I found the hard drive that is compatable with my workmaster so I was searching for the software since last September and when I didn't get any reply from several websites that is why I came here to ask experts abt this and what can I do

The previous hard drive on the workmaster was 400 MB IDE so I bought a 512 MB hard drive so what I need is the software to run the workmaster the the PLC but I don't know how to deal with the serial software if I bought it and if it is available in any other place or not.

Dear Mr. Steve 

I sent an email Mr. Allen Wells as you told me but the email had been returned back to me because it was not true, I wrote the email as follows: allen.wells@cimtec.com and if you have his email could you please send it to me? 

Try Awells instead of allen.wells

1 person likes this

Dear Mr . Steve,

Thank you for your reply. 

I sent him an email and he told me that he will check the software in an old laptop in his office and I wish that he can get it from him 

Dear Mr. RussB

I checked ebay and I found several workmasters so could you please tell me the exact serial no of the workmaster that installed on it this program ?