spacehitchhiker42

networking micrologix 1200s

5 posts in this topic

I don't have these plcs hooked up to any sort of process, i'm just trying to get them to talk to each other and to rslinx. I have 2 micrologix 1200s, each of which is connected the mini-din of a 1761-net-aic.  I have a third aic+ connected to  a USB to serial converter. all 3 of the AICs are wired together by rs485. i've tried configuring the plcs as df1 master and df1 slave with the PC running the slave driver, and also both plcs as df1 slave with the pc running the df1 master polling driver. they do not show up in rslinx. am i trying to use the wrong driver, or could the AIC be messed up? is there any way to test the AIC?

This *could* work with RSLinx Classic set up as DF1 Half Duplex Master, and the two slaves set up as DF1 Half Duplex Slaves.    I've never liked the Half Duplex Master polling driver, and I know it has some shortcomings in modern Windows operating systems.

Do you get any flashing port lights on the 1761-NET-AICs when the RSLinx driver is running and connected ?

no. i tried dh485 first and they lit up a lot but then i found out that the pic/aic driver doesn't work on win7. is the df1 slave driver supposed to be for this kind of thing? it would be good to have one of the plcs as master so that we don't always need to have a computer hooked up

Afraid of asking the obvious question but are your node addresses unique?