Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Patrik

Sending mails via a modemconnection

5 posts in this topic

Hello I have a beijer E-terminal (E-700) connected to a modem and a Q-system. The terminal can send E-mails e.g when an alarm occurs. The problem is that I want the terminal to work as a PPP-client and the computer that the terminal is ringing to should work as a PPP-server. Do anyone have any tips how do get the computer configured so the PPP-connection works. (When i ring the computer now I get a message on the terminal-monitor: "PPP-negotiation failed"). Does anyone have a good idea how to solve this problem? Best regards Patrik

May i suggest you look at Beijers site www.e-terminals.com.Follow the route Site Map / Options / Downloads . Under 'File Category' select Web Functionality / System Programs / Startup Documents. There is some useful stuff here one of which is configuring PPP client and server using an example Mail Server and Mail Reader. Hope it helps.

I've used this Startup Document, but the problem is that when the modem connected to the terminal phones out to the computer (Windows XP) it can't connect to it. I guess that the computer must work as a PPP-server but it's not described how you set a computer to work as a PPP-server, do you have any suggestions maybe? I can also say that I have succesfuly send E-mails when the modem phones out to a ISP mailserver, this works like a charm! Best Regards Patrik

Setting up the PC as a PPP server is something you'll have to research based on your OS. I would recommend looking at microsoft.com in the tech library. I've personally never connected a modem to an E-terminal. But it sounds like you have that end of things working perfectly.

I have worked a lot with different modem-applications...the only thing I really have problems with is this, sending mails to a local mailserver. I could use some pieces of advice on how to configure the computer (OS: Windows XP) to act as a PPP-server. I have tried to set up an advanced connection -> Incoming connections but when the E-terminal and computer negotiats something goes wrong and I get the error-message on the terminal "PPP-negotiation failed". All advices are appreciated! SirPLC