Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
malc cope

PV600 Controller Choice

2 posts in this topic

Hello

I am currently working on a system where we have multiple stations each comprising a Micro 850 and a PV800 HMI, the software on each is identical, the only difference being that the IP addresses will need to be different as they will all be on the same network for linking to a separate PLC.

The plan is to have a PLC program with a default IP address that will be used to download to the PLC's, we would then use the Run Mode Configuration change to change the PLC's IP address , what I'd like to know, is there a way of changing The IP address for the controller in the PV800 in run time, or would the controller IP address have to be specified in the HMI before being down loaded?

Regards.

The objectives...Multiple machines; Micro 850 PLC and PV800 each machine; same program each PLC and HMI but with different IP addresses.

From what I know, changing the PV800 IP address is device-level and independent of the HMI application.

Trying to push the PLC IP address from the HMI is not possible, that I know of, as the Ethernet/IP socket connection from the HMI would drop off at some point as the IP address is changed from Address 1 to Address 2.

However, a Plan C could be to use a managed Ethernet switch and alias all of the devices to unique IP addresses.  I have done this when converting a control network IP address to have a plant network IP address.  Most managed Ethernet switches have a lookup table that aliases IP #1 to IP #2.  You would have to research further if this is possible with multiple same IP addresses (possibly there is a managed switch that uses unique MAC addresses).