Rolf_Inge

What happens here? L06 / Gxworks 2

13 posts in this topic

Hello
I am at a loss here. There is something happening with TON_2 that also affects the variable STEG. Even though the input to TON_2 is false, IN and Q are true. Suddenly IN and Q turn false, and at the same time variable STEG makes a jump from 3 to 4, even though criteria for this step is not confirmed.
Have had to override this fault by introducing a SR-latch and outside of block make a comparison between NIVÅ_FÖRRÅDS_KÄRL and 150.0
By the way, TON_2 is not declared globally.

Would be very happy for suggestions and pointers.

Cheers // DAN

PE2 Jump.avi

PE1 Jump.avi

I think need investigate why "OMR_TIMER" bit didn't SET. May by you use this bit somewhere else with RST (not only after TON_2) or memory area overlapping. Advice use before SET/RST PLC_M instruction.

Edited by Clear.Mind
1 person likes this

Thank you for replying.
This is What happened before this video: OMR_TIMER was high and TON_2 timer ran, ran out and reset bit OMR_TIMER. So question is why TON_2: IN and Q stayed true even though bit OMR_TIMER was reset.
I agree with you regarding the overlapping memory area. Do you know where i can find out if and what is overlapping? What do you mean with PLC_M? That i use specific memory area?
As mentioned i am using GX Works 2.

Cheers //

Edited by Rolf_Inge

1 hour ago, Rolf_Inge said:

What do you mean with PLC_M?

This mean pulse command with High front after EQ Stage  3=3 for SET OMR_TIMER  once. Sorry, I have mistaken, i wanted to write PLS_M or R_TRIG (Rising edge detector).

Yes TON_2 ran, but i guess it had been restarted, because while EQ Stage 3=3 is TRUE  OMR_TIMER  will SET. On your video  EQ Stage 3=3 is TRUE, but OMR_TIMER is false, So i think it can be RST on next steps. 

Edited by Clear.Mind

I agree with @Clear.Mind:
Use a "PLS_M" instruction after your STEG-EQ blocks (after STEG=3 and before RST and SET instructions). Do that for all your EQ blocks regarding transition steps to avoid SET/RST problems. After all you are programming SET/RST sequences which normally leads to only setting or resetting once, then continuing the process.

Please see attached picture where you should insert PLS_M instructions.

pls_m.png

Hello, Thanks for the input @kaare_t and @Clear.Mind, here comes the output :)
# I see now why i should include the rising edge detector here. But what's the difference between PLS and PLS_M? GX Works 2 help is silent on this matter.
# As to the last issue. How the sequence can jump from STEG=3 to STEG=4 without NIVÅ_FÖRRÅDS_KÄRL < NIVÅ_FÖRRÅDS_KÄRL_TOMT ? As mentioned there seems to be a correlation between IN and Q on TON_2 turning false and STEG turning 4, skipping over the criteria LESSTHAN.

Cheers // DA

STEG hopp.PNG

Just now, Rolf_Inge said:

But what's the difference between PLS and PLS_M?

They are the same, only PLS_M comes from the old GX IEC (I tend to remember the old things). In GW2 you use PLS so no problem.

Just now, Rolf_Inge said:

How the sequence can jump from STEG=3 to STEG=4 without NIVÅ_FÖRRÅDS_KÄRL < NIVÅ_FÖRRÅDS_KÄRL_TOMT ?

My guess is that there is a short drop in NIVÅ_FÖRRÅDS_KÄRL that causes this to validate to TRUE. You can check this by inserting a "MINIMUM" instruction in a ladder rung above, giving input NIVÅ_FÖRRÅDS_KÄRL and then the second input equals the output of that instruction. That way you will have a "lowest possible value" trigger. Just remember to set the "testOut" to a high value before initiating the sequence to make sure that the lowest measured value is the NIVÅ_FÖRRÅDS_KÄRL.

minimum.png

Once again, tack för hjälpen.
Unstable signal was my first guess, but at the time seemed so unlikely. Now it's back on the menu :) Changed the program to this:

Ps. Any nice lowpass-filter in gxworks2? Ds.

Poly_1_NEW.PNG

18 hours ago, Rolf_Inge said:

Ps. Any nice lowpass-filter in gxworks2?

I don't think there's any built-in filters but you could create an average filter by adding data and dividing by the sum, either add data time-based or count-based.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, kaare_t said:

I don't think there's any built-in filters but you could create an average filter by adding data and dividing by the sum, either add data time-based or count-based.

Hi ...
I developed Fitst-Order-filter (first-order lag filter) http://my.execpc.com/~steidl/robotics/first_order_lag_filter , both and other effective filter. It was written gracefully and worked perfectly. However, Mitsubishi Electric kills everything I do! 
The present time is a time of slow-witted managers and programmers who have acquired skills in the parish school.  Last releases of GX Works does not IEC compatible anymore...

P.S. Kaare, I received and read your letter and will respond shortly.

1 person likes this

Thanks @Inntele. Will put your excellently simple function to use.

Cheers // DAN

Edited by Rolf_Inge

9 hours ago, Rolf_Inge said:

Thanks @Inntele. Will put your excellently simple function to use.

Cheers // DAN

Hi Rolf,

Now I haven't FBs because of my old hard drive was attacked at a low level ... If it's interesting for you, I can share with you a technique of programming of such filters in PLCs, because there is some difference between computer calculations and calculations in PLC.

Cheers

Hey Inntele. I am definetely interested in this technique. Always nice to learn.

Cheers //