Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kumbharamols83

AB PanelView 600 Serial communication with ML1500 in FTView ME

3 posts in this topic

Hi All.

I have AB PLC Micrologix 1500 and HMI PV600. In factoryTalkView ME I have installed RSLinx Enterprise and I have setup communication setting I have created one shortcut like PLC1 linked it to PLC ML1500 which I can see in right side of setting pan. I copied these settings to Runtime target. Now while giving animation in screen e.g. colour, I am trying to browse tag but it's not showing anything in online folder. I clicked show all server, refreshed all folders and restarted RSLinks Enterprise service also but still can not find tags.

I ran runtime on PC using OPC created in RSLinx Classic, Its working fine, I can browse tags. But it's not working while I download it in HMI as I can see in HMI configuration network and comm setting there is only RSLinx Enterprise is available. Please suggest me solution on this issue.

Edited by kumbharamols83

It sounds to me like you have serial drivers configured in both RSLinx Enterprise and RSLinx Classic, and they are conflicting over control of the physical serial port.

Whenever I work with serial-only controllers and HMI terminals, I make sure that I have two separate serial ports and dedicate one to RSLinx Classic and one to RSLinx Enterprise.   That eliminates hardware conflicts and software configuration conflicts.

I recommend against messing with RSLinx Classic OPC;  it doesn't help you very much in configuration, and it's the wrong data server for runtime.

If browsing online tags just doesn't work, the simple workaround is to just type the data table addresses in manually.

1 person likes this

On 11/26/2016 at 1:18 AM, Ken Roach said:

It sounds to me like you have serial drivers configured in both RSLinx Enterprise and RSLinx Classic, and they are conflicting over control of the physical serial port.

Whenever I work with serial-only controllers and HMI terminals, I make sure that I have two separate serial ports and dedicate one to RSLinx Classic and one to RSLinx Enterprise.   That eliminates hardware conflicts and software configuration conflicts.

I recommend against messing with RSLinx Classic OPC;  it doesn't help you very much in configuration, and it's the wrong data server for runtime.

If browsing online tags just doesn't work, the simple workaround is to just type the data table addresses in manually.

Thank you for suggestions, I will apply it and see whats happen