Zubair Malik

How to remove and upload program in plc from pc?

8 posts in this topic

Hi

I have a used FX1N-14MR plc, there is already a program in it which is password protected, but i m not interested in that. My question is that how i can remove the existing program from plc and upload my own program into plc from my pc?

Thanks

If you want to "reset" the PLC so that you can put a new program into it then remove the power and disconnect the battery from the PLC. Wait half an hour and plug in the battery again. The PLC will be reset with no program at all in it and you can do what you want.

Warning: When you reset it, all existing program and information in the PLC is lost and cannot be retrieved again!

Hi Zubair Malik,

You can't just overwrite the existing program inside the PLC?

Best regards,

Theo V.

As Kaare_t said you must remove the power and the battery to reset the PLC. If you try to download your program without a reset the PLC will request the password.

Rodney

On 11/20/2016 at 9:09 AM, Rodney said:

As Kaare_t said you must remove the power and the battery to reset the PLC. If you try to download your program without a reset the PLC will request the password.

Rodney

i have found when using keyword passwords that you can still overwrite the program completely without having to put the password in?

Can't erase an FX1N with a battery removal, it doesn't have a battery.

Try to switch the unit to program mode and then download a new program right over the old one.

Thanks to all guys for their support. I have got what i wanted exactly