Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bagman

Setup messaging between 1756-L62 and Micrologix 1500 with attached 1761 NET-ENI

5 posts in this topic

I am attempting to setup messaging  between a Micrologix 1500 with an attached NET-ENI and a Control Logix 5000 L62 processor.

After reading the Micrologix Ethernet Interface manual for the 1761 NET-ENI I was able to establish a connection between the Micrologix processor and the NET-ENI using the MSG instruction

using communication command 485CIF Write (done bit is set following message execution) The messaging section of the manual states

Peer To Peer Messaging > Message to Configuration Nodes (Nodes 100 to 149) and Sending a Message to a Destination Controller (Nodes 0 to 49)

When the ENI/ENIW receives a message from the attached controller to Node Address 0 to 49, it looks up the TCP/IP address associated
with the address at Nodes 100 to 149. The ENI/ENIW preserves the original DF1 address when sending back a reply.

IMPORTANT In the ENI/ENIW, node addresses 45 through 49 are dedicated for sending messages to any Logix controllers with integral Ethernet ports.

I am using port 45 in my messaging setup. The corresponding node address of 145 contains the ethernet address of the 1756-ENBT/A that is connected to the Control Logix L62 Processor.

Under the Logix tab in Logix 5000 software under the menu item Map PLC/SLC Messages > PLC2 > Mapping I have selected the DINT array where I want to receive the message.

I cannot get any data into this array when I execute the message write command in the Micrologix 1500 program. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I might proceed from here. Or where I might have made an error in my setup? Is there any AB manual that would have specific instructions as how to setup this kind of messaging?

Please post screenshots of your messaging code.

How much data are you sharing between the (2) processors? Have you considered produced/consumed tags?  Both processors support produced/consumed tags, and are on the same Ethernet/IP network.

Is there a special reason you're using the 485CIF style message instead of a PLC or SLC Typed Write ?    Or why you're triggering the MSG in the MicroLogix instead of in the ControlLogix ?

Is the CPU in Slot 0 of the chassis with the 1756-ENBT ?   The Nodes 45-49 method will only work with "Logix family controllers with integrated Ethernet ports", e.g. CompactLogix, or with a ControlLogix CPU in Slot 0.

Also, PLC/SLC/MicroLogix integers are always 16-bit integers.  While you can map your PLC/SLC Data Table File Number to a DINT[x] array in the ControlLogix, I always use INT[x] arrays so that the elements line up easily.

This configuration ought to work.    I follow the old Knowledgebase article that describes writing from an SLC-5/03 to a ControlLogix:

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/49384

I'm using 485CIF messaging type because the example given in the NET-ENI manual for peer to peer communications uses that messaging type.

It seemed like a good starting point since I have little experience using messaging.

The ControlLogix processor (in slot 0) is intended to collect data that is generated within the MicroLogix processor which consists of one digital signal where 1 = Running and 0 = Stopped

and one array consisting of the total units processed during the session count, usually a value between 50 and 150.

The equipment running signal starts an independent bar code reader that is electronically connected to the ControlLogix processor but is physically attached to the equipment controlled by the MicroLogix processor.