NeelsL

C200H help

6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum.

I need some help with a C200H system, I know its an old CPU. It was installed in 1997 and has been running good until a week a go. Had an electrical storm and a lightning bolt hit very close to the building. Ever since then the system has had some issues. It runs with a master CPU, C200HG CPU63 and a remote link RM201 linked to a C200H-RT201. The remote rack has 6 cards, Ch0: IA 122V (110vac) Ch1: ID 212 (24vdc) Ch2: ID 212 (24vdc) Ch3: OC 226N (24vdc) Ch4: OC 226N (24vdc) Ch5: AD003. Program running on master CPU has no issues it's the remote CPU that is giving me problems. This CPU runs a cooling unit, it will get started and run for about 2-7min then just stop without any reason. Then it will take about 10-30secs to start up again after trying to start it up about 4 or 5 times. I have replaced the RM201 card on master rack and the RS485 cable. It would now and then get an error light on the master CPU but all machines will still run as normal. I have gone through the ladder and IO table to find any faults but nothing seems out of place. I Have found an error in the error log "Remote IO error 0". Can someone please explain to me what this error means and give me a possible cause of me problem I have with the remote unit. I do have a spare C200H-RT201 CPU but I'm not sure if I install it if the IO table will transfer to it via the RS485 cable or do I need to transfer the IO table via a host link? I'm still a bit new to this system so any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

I can pretty well guarantee the RT201 is gone - have seen this before and that has been the cause.

:shrug:

Edited by Jay Anthony
Moved to Omron

Power the system done. Replace the RT201.  Be sure to set the terminator switch in the RT201.  Power the system up.  RM201 should recognize the RT201 without an I/O table transfer.

Thanks for reply guys, I have swopped the rt201 this morning. Transfer was done by master CPU as Jay said it would. Still having some issues same as before, but not as often as before. I have noticed that Ch3 output 0 dims before the machine stops. This is my main drive run output. I have checked the power to and from the card and I have replaced the card too. Could it be that the rack is damaged in some way or is there another problem I'm not finding?

Sounds like to me that the 24VDC is dipping.  Can you beef up the 24VDc and isolate the RT201?